11. "He's heartless"

Shawn Mendes - Mercy

I shut my eyes and breath slowly. Come on Farren, just do it. Talk, say something.

Say anything.

Or I could just wait for him to say something.

I bite my lip and look at him from under my lashes, he's still staring at me, I clear my throat "You, you wanted to see me?"

He doesn't say anything, did he really call me here to just stare at me, he's cute and all, but this is getting uncomfortable.

"You know about us?" he finally speaks, I nod and he leans forward "And you know about mates?" I nod once more. He instructs me roughly, "Use your words."

I take a deep breath and answer, "Yes."

"A mate loves you, cares for you, and treats you as though you're the only one in the world that matters." He tells me this while standing up and approaching me too closely. His lips dangerously close to my ear "Well, guess what?" he pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear, and the hair on my neck rises.

"That's not me," he says in an icy cold voice and I shut my eyes "I'll make you wish you'd never stepped into my territory"

My teeth grind "I didn't do anything to you"

"I never wanted a mate"

He stands and walks over to his desk "You won't be staying at the packhouse after the coronation. Once I'm crowned you'll move into the castle"

No! I will not be some weak girl who cries, I stand up "No"

He tilts his head to look at me and raises his eyebrows "What?"

"I know you heard me. I said no"

His jaw clenches and his eyes harden, he leaves his place and stands in front of me. He grips my arms, digging his fingers into it "If you think you can speak to me like that, you're very wrong. Nobody says no to me, don't think you can go against me, cause whoever does will fail miserably" he spits.

I stand my ground and shake my head "I said no" after that I walk towards the door but what he says next stops me dead in my tracks.

"Anna has a long life ahead of her, it would be a shame to end it" I spin around and point at him "Don't you dare" I yell

He smirks sadistically "Or what? you're going to cry"

I look at him with so much hatred, I've never hated anyone, but he just threatened my family "I told you, don't test me"

His smirk drops and it's replaced with a scowl "Get out"

I leave the office in a hurry, I scramble down the stairs and run past Caiden "Farren, are you okay?" I ignore him and leave the castle.

                                                                                        ~~~~~

I'm sitting on my bed, crying. I said I wouldn't cry, but it just poured out of me, I miss mom, I miss Dad, I miss home.

I eventually fall into a deep sleep.

I'm in a room, but it's not the one in the packhouse. I get out of bed slowly and put my foot on the wooden floor before exiting the room and entering the kitchen. It's a small cozy place.

"Hello"

A girl that could be my age walks in with a bright smile on her face, she has long black hair and warm brown eyes.

"Hi Farren"

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion "How do you know my name?"

She comes to me and takes my hand in hers "Listen, we don't have much time" she tells me "I know what happened today. Caelum is going to be a lot worse than today, he's going to make you miserable and he's going to hurt you"

I look down, scared that it might be true, that he'll eventually break me "He's heartless"

"No Farren" I lift my head "He seems heartless, yes, but you need not to give up so easily. You need to stay, all the things he'll do is not to hurt you, but to push you away. Don't leave him, don't give up. As much as he pushes, don't"

"What do you mean?"

"Farren, Caelum is-" a bright light cuts her off "Our time is up. Farren, just trust me and don't give up. You won't regret it"

I wake up in shock. I guess I'm staying.

Caiden's Pov

"Farren, are you okay?" she runs out, ignoring me.

I growl, what did he do? I march into his office, he's sitting in on the couch, glass is shattered everywhere, books scattered on the floor, and his table turned over.

"I know, I know, you going to yell at me for breaking things" he mocks and I roll my eyes

"What did you do to Farren?" he goes back to his classic scowl "What about her?"

"What did you do to her?"

"That's between me and her" he snarls

"You can't hurt her," I tell him. He gets up from his spot and stands in front of me "What I do to her is none of your business. She's mine, not yours"

I sigh "I understand why you doing this, I get that you pushing her away. Caelum you can try to find a way out"

"A way out! I've been trying Caiden, I searched everywhere!" he yells and throws the glass that's in his hand at the wall.

"What's going on?" dad walks in, Caelum gives me a 'don't you dare say anything' look. I don't say anything, Raphael walks in and says "Caelum found his mate"

"That's perfect, who is she?" dad asks, Caelum glares murderously at Raphael "Caelum?"

"The human girl," he says through his teeth

Surprise shows on his face "Oh, that was unexpected"

"She'll move into the castle after the coronation," Caelum tells dad and walks out.

Dad looks around the office "Why is he breaking things again?"

I shrug and leave, I walk into the kitchen "Maria, please tell someone to clean up Caelum's office"

She nods "Of course Alpha"

I hope Farren doesn't give up on him and I hope he comes to his senses.

Aiden comes into the kitchen "Aiden" he looks at me "Yes Alpha"

"Please talk to Farren, I don't think she's feeling well" he nods and leaves.

When I get to my room and change, I hear a knock and I say, "Come in," as I put my shirt on, Mila walks in with a frown on her face "You okay?"

"I'm fine, what happened with Caelum and Farren? I saw him storm out of his office"

"Yeah, it never went well" she sighs and sits on one of the chairs "I need a favor"

She hums "The coronation is coming up, after that, I have to leave. I won't be here, so I need you to look out for Farren when I'm gone. She's new to this and she doesn't know Caelum, she doesn't know how destructive he can be"

"I'll do it, she seems like a nice person and doesn't deserve this"

I sit opposite her "Thank you, Mila"

~~~~~

Yayy. Finally Caiden's Pov.

Do you think Farren will stay or leave?

Vote 💖

Let me know your thoughts and comment

Love ya, hugs and Oreo's

Zel