17. "Needle 'n Thread"

Rihanna - Diamonds

"Come on Anna, we've been to so many stores" Chris groans.

We've visited all of the stores, most of them twice, and Anna is unsatisfied, the majority of the gowns appealed to me, but to Anna; no.

Over two hours.

"I told you I didn't like it," Anna says as she browses the racks of dresses, Mila sighs and looks at Anna as I turn to her and send her a weary smile.

"We've already found your gown, Anna. Allow Farren to take the one she wants when she finds it"

"But-" I interrupted her, "Anna. I'm going to another store, I'll find something there"

She huffs and pulls a face "That's fine. Mila, where are we going next?"

"Needle 'n Thread"

We walk from the shop to Needle 'n Thread, It's enormous, with gowns and dresses everywhere and, the cream and golden walls are complemented by the glossy white tiles.

"I don't know Mila, everything seems to be really costly," I say softly, and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry Fare, Caelum's card will be able to handle it"

I bite my lower lip with hesitancy, but I enter and take a peek around, Anna shows me some blue dresses that are lovely, but they aren't THE ONE, Mila gives me an emerald green gown with green sequins at the top that fades as it approaches the waist, I slip the dress on and pull the straps over my shoulders after that I step out to show the girls.

They all shake their head in disapproval, and Hadley hands me a baby pink gown with pinkish-white roses trailing down the back, the pink netted off-shoulder sleeves reach my elbow and the remainder of the gown falls perfectly.

It is stunning, but it's something Anna would wear.

I show the girls and Anna nods with a huge smile "I don't like it" I tell them, Anna's smile falls and I hear Chris groan again "Come on Fare, we've been here for hours and haven't had anything to eat" he grumbles.

I take a look around the shop and see a red gown that appeals to me, I approach it and run my fingertips along the fabric, it's simple, but I adore it so I take it into the dressing room and put it on, then examine myself in the mirror.

Perfect.

The ball gown falls and suits perfectly, as though it were designed for me, but when I look at the price tag and my eyes widen.

12 000 Saryns!

I can't take this, It's-

"Farren, did you have the dress on?" Mila asks from outside "Uhm...yeah I have it on, but I can't take it"

"What? Why not?" she asks

"It's 12 000 Saryns" I whisper-yell "It doesn't matter"

"Yes, Mila, it does matter, I can't take this; I didn't want to use his money, but I have to because I don't have any, and I can't take it because it's really expensive"

There's no way I'm taking this.

I took the dress, Mila made me take it, she said and I quote "It won't even dent his pocket"

We're now at Persia's Cottage, and Chris is relieved that we're about to eat, I'm not sure what Gideon's problem is because he hasn't said anything since we arrived in the city.

Does he never smile? I step away from my place and approach him; he's waiting for our order.

"Hi," I say cheerfully, and he nods respectfully "Yes, Luna?"