Chapter 34

oh my god I went to  write a chapter and I realized I hadn't clicked publish on the last chapter until like just now so have another chapter--

"First let's go to the exchange." Nami suggested. Luffy, who had been dragging the copious amounts of gold that was stashed inside a bunch of burlap sacks and placed atop a slab of wood attached to wheels, turned to look over his shoulder.

"Why not just go straight to the shipyard?" He asked Aki who was walking beside him. Aki turned to him and smiled.

"Because walking around a populated island with this much gold isn't good, someone could steal it then we couldn't repair Going Merry." He explained, his smile widened when he sensed understanding flow off of his captain.

"Just thinking about it makes me sweat like crazy..." Usopp whined from behind them.

"It's not like we'll get any less money if we exchange it later." Luffy says absentmindedly. 

"That's not the problem! Like Aki said! You're carrying so much gold in public! What if we run into robbers?!" Usopp shouted.

"We are robbers."

"Hm... I agree with Usopp. By the way, after we change it into cash, Usopp, Aki, and I will carry it for you." Nami said.

"Hm? what are you implying? Are you saying that I can't carry money?" Luffy asked. Aki was surprised that the boy could use such vocabulary. He thought the boy was very limited, but he guessed his lessons of grammar and expanding his frame of reference actually did something.

Aki looked up at the building they were approaching. There was a  bridge hat linked the ground they were currently walking on to the land the city was built on. Aki decided to take in the beautiful architecture and ignore the childish bickering of his crew mates.

"Hm? Is this it? The entrance to the city?"

As they crossed the bridge the sign atop the first arc became more clear. The words "Rental Bullshop" were printed in bold letters. 

Nami turned to Aki who seemed to be the least confused of the bunch, big surprise.

"Hey Aki, what's a bull?" She asked. Aki turned to face her before facing the sign again.

"It's a mode of transportation, in a sense. The bull itself is an animal that is quite similar to a horse, only it's domain is the water instead of the land. There are saddles, or seats, or boats, that are set atop them to ride them." He explained quickly as they followed Luffy into the building.

"Excuse me! We want to rent a bull!" Luffy exclaimed loudly. There was a man sitting on a stool inside, reading a newspaper. No doubt the shopkeep. 

"Welcome. Renting a bull? How many people?" He asked, the smile on his face never once disappearing.

"Four!" Luff said as he heard out three fingers. Aki leaned over and whispered in Luffy's ear.

"Luffy those are only three fingers."

Luffy blinked, surprised before he held out four fingers.

"Four!" He repeated. The man didn't seem to mind and instead ignored the whole situation and pulled out two mini boats that had two seats each, one in the front one in the back.

"What kind do you want? There's 3 types: Yagara, Rabuka, and King. If there are four of you... how about 2 Yagara?" The man explained as he finished dragging boats.

The other three stared at the man blankly, not knowing what to say, and then turned to Aki who chuckled awkwardly at their pointed gazes.

"Yes, two Yagara bull's would be perfect, thank you." He said politely. The man chuckled and brought them over to the bull pool. It was a rather large space filled with water. There was a ring of metal fences that surrounded the space. But there was a small section, a little lip, that the fence didn't reach.

The man placed the boats into the water that wasn't surrounded by the fence. 

"Okay. This is my bull pool. Come and give it a try. 2 Yagara bulls with cost you 2,000 beri."

The four of them approached the fence and watched as the bulls swam around calmly. They definitely looked like horses, if horses were composed of blue's and purple's and green's. And had mohawk's and scales and rather large mouths taht seemed to be in permanent grins.

One Yagara bull came up to Aki. Aki, in response held out his hand and the bull placed it's grinning head on his palm. Aki silently cooed at it's cuteness and scratched the bulls head.

The bull purred, or made a sound of pleasure, in content. 

Another bull came up to Luffy and stared at him for a little. Small 'Ni, ni's escaped it's mouth. 

"They look like horses." Luffy noted. Nami, who was beside him, leaned over the railing to get a better look at it.

"So cute~" 

 The bull leaned forwards and licked Luffy across the face. Luffy flinched back form the large tongue and began angrily stomping around and swinging his fist.

"STUPID BULL!" He screamed. The shopkeep chuckled at the sight before sweat dropping at the sheer amount of bulls that were beginning to crowd around Aki.

After meeting the two bulls that would pull their boats, the man opened the gate and pulled the two out before he the wood boats on them.

"Can it carry this? This is heavy." Luffy said, talking about the bag's carrying the gold.

"No problem. It's very strong and capable of transporting anything. What's in that sack?" The man asked as he finished tying the reins on the bull.

"Gold!" Luffy said excitedly.

"Hahahaha! You're funny. Though it would have no problem carrying gold." The man said, clearly in disbelieving what Luffy said. The bull made more 'ni' noises as it nodded it's head proudly. Aki blushed at it's cuteness and patted it's head.

Luffy opened the bag and the man turned around to face him. The man's jaw dropped at the large quantity of gold that spilled out of the bag.

"See?" Luffy said.

"WAH!! GIMME!" Nami slapped the man across the head.

"IN YOUR DREAMS!" She then turned to Luffy who was standing there like he hadn't just exposed their wealth to someone. "Don't show it to people idiot!" She scolded.

"Why? It's not like we'll loose anything." Luffy said.

"That was a surprise." The man muttered to himself before turning back to Luffy and Nami. "Okay. 2 Yagara bulls will cost you around 1 million beri."

"YOU ROSE THE PRICE BY 50,000%!" Usopp shouted. Nami turned to face the man.

"Hey is there an exchange near by?" She asked.

"Yes, but that's a lot of gold you have there. They won't have enough cash to exchange for all of it. You should go to the city center in Zousenshima." The man explained. The pirates climbed  onto the bulls. 

Luffy was sat on Aki's lap, the large bag of gold in the seat behind them. They started heading forwards, towards the city.

"Thanks for coming! Please take care!" The shopkeep yelled after them.

"Okay! Let's go, yagara!" Luffy shouted on Aki's lap, proceeding to almost sock Aki on the jaw.

"Thanks for the map!" Nami called back to man, holding the rolled up paper in her hand.