Chapter 50

ok chapter time lmao sorry its short i am tired-- 

The cheers continued on but they seemed almost distant. Nami grabbed Aki's sleeve and smiled, relieved.

"It's the shipwrights from yesterday!" She said excitedly. Aki frowned, he couldn't help but feel like this wasn't going the way Nami had played it out in her mind. "They'll be on our side, right?" 

"I wouldn't be so sure," he said. She glanced at him through the corner of her eye.

"What do you mean?"

They were pulled out of their short lived conversation by a shout from a member of the Galley-La company. It was Tilestone.

"How are you planning to atone for this?!"

"Just hold on, Tilestone." Paulie said, waving off the taller mans rage. "We'll have to deal with him later. We have more important business here, remember?" 

He stared hard at Luffy, "Don't we, Straw Hat Luffy?"

Nami released her grasp on Aki's sleeve and instead stared confusedly as Paulie wrapped a rope around Luffy's rubbery neck and pulled him harshly into a pile of wood.

"You jerks!" Franky, who had been forgotten, shouted angrily. "I told you not to get in the way! What part of that don't you get?! I'm the one who's got a score to settle with that guy!!"

Nobody seemed to pay him any mind though, the citizens were cheering, the members of the Galley-La were preparing for a battle. Nami was staring at the scene before with with an unreadable expression, but Aki could tell that Nami was frightened and amazed.

"Huh?" Nami whispered, "why are all the Shipwrights our enemies too?" She placed her hands on either side of her head.

"I told you," Aki sighed, "I had a feeling things wouldn't go so easy. Things never seem to go well when this crew arrives somewhere." 

While Luffy struggled against the battle with the members of the Galley-La, Franky grew tired of being ignored and joined in the battle.

Though of course seeing as how Luffy was the target, Kaku and one other member Aki couldn't quite recognize, began battling against him. They had drawn the fight away from the main battle where Lucci was combating Luffy with his bare fists. It seemed as though his raw strength was far greater than Luffy's.

Luffy was thrown, once more, into a pile of wood.

"What's wrong with you?! At least tell me why you're doing this!" Luffy exclaimed, getting frustrated himself at the situation.

"We're the ones who want an explanation!" Paulie shouted as he approached where Lucci was standing. 

"Last night, somebody broke into headquarters and attacked mayor Iceberg! And that somebody was you guys, wasn't it?!" He accused, pointing at Luffy with a stone cold face.