Chapter 43

:) i'm back. hi. sorry about my disappearance, i have brought chapter though

Aki ran his fingers through his hair. 

It had been a short while since Usopp had practically declared war against the crew and everyone was on edge. He had stayed on the deck, preferring open spaces to think. Luffy had gone below deck to relax on a hammock. Though he wasn't relaxing, Aki could sense his true feelings. 

He wanted nothing more than to soothe him, but as the captain Luffy had to deal with this. 

Nami was down there too. Trying to convince him, or something. He turned when he heard approaching footsteps, Nami came above deck, she looked bad, to say the least. He approached her and hugged her, she hugged him back immediately. No words needed to be exchanged.

Aki's ears twitched when he heard shouting coming from the kitchen. He sucked his teeth and let go of Nami who ended up following him when he entered the kitchen. 

Sanji and Zoro, as per usual, were fighting. Though it was a common thing they did, it felt bad to see them argue at a time like this. Of course, it would. The sight of Usopp and Luffy screaming at each other without listening to each other was still fresh in everyone's minds, he was sure.

"That is enough from both of you!" He exclaimed angrily. His brows furrowed and his eyes scrunched impossibly closed. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the two of them. They said nothing, but stared, sweating nervously. "Fighting at a time like this will do nothing but aggravate our already dwindling bond." He sighed and uncrossed his arms. "Arguing about something unchangeable, in the past, it's pointless. The fact is, words were exchanged, people were hurt, the crew is damaged and hopes are low. 

We don't know where Robin is and we have to leave behind our ship. Pardon my language, but shit's hit the fan. But the thing is if we can't get through rough times how the hell are we meant to enjoy the nice times? If we're all torn apart we can't come together again. It's useless. Please, for the love of God, stop fighting. You're not going to solve any problems by doing so in the current moment. You're wasting your breath." 

The three stared at Aki with wide eyes. Aki stared back, calm despite his words. His words held much meaning and emotion. Probably more than they could imagine. 

They had never actually checked in with Aki, now that they thought about it. He had always made sure they were okay and doing well, but they never really did the same. He had become like a mother figure to them (maybe more) so they accepted his worry and support without trouble or anything.

He has feelings too. He has emotions too. He's hurting too.

Aki swallowed, his throat was beginning to dry and he was feeling hot again.

'Now is not the time.' He thought. The door to the kitchen opened. Chopper stepped in, looking down.

"Chopper, I thought you went after Usopp," Zoro said, turning to face the small reindeer.

"...I wanted to treat his wounds." The doctor began. "But he brushed me off. Usopp's staying in an inn in town." Chopper walked past them, not sparing a glance. "He said; 'you and I... are no longer shipmates... so go back to the ship!" He looked up, tears were running down his face in large wet globs. Snot was dribbling from his nose. 

Chopper sat down, his bag was placed in front of him. Aki walked over to him and kneeled down beside him. The child turned to hug Aki who hugged him back.

"All the great times we had, seem like a big lie now," Nami spoke up after a moment of silence. "And on top of all this, if something happened to Robin..." She trailed off. Chopper silently cried, wetting Aki's shirt, though he didn't mind. "I feel like our crew is falling apart."

>>>>Time Skip; 10:00pm<<<<

Luffy was standing on the rocky ground, facing Water 7. The sun had long since set and a waning gibbous was in the sky, lighting up what the sun had left behind. It brought no warmth to the night. Bright but not warm. Unlike the sun.

"It's ten o'clock. Usopp will be here." Luffy said confidently. He turned to face the ship where the rest of the crew was watching. "You guys stay on board. Do not get off."

"That frown doesn't suit you, Luffy," Aki muttered to himself before turning to face the moon. He sighed through his nose before turning back. Usopp had arrived and was standing several feet away from the other.

'This could have been avoided.' Aki thought, watching as Luffy and Usopp spoke inaudibly. 

"Can't we stop them? Usopp is seriously injured." Chopper spoke turning from Aki to Zoro and back again. Aki turned his head towards him and smiled sadly.

"It would be best not to. If this is how they want it to go, this is how it will go. Interfering with duels is... frowned upon." Aki explained gently.

"If you can't bear to watch, go to your room," Zoro added on, his eyes not leaving Usopp and Luffy for a second. It was quiet for a little while longer.

"I... HAVE 8,000 HENCHMEN!" Usopp suddenly shouted. "IF YOU FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE, SURRENDER NOW!"

"HUH?! 8,000 HENCHMEN!" Chopper shouted, buying the obvious bluff. Zoro turned to him.

"Go to your room." He said.

"I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE ANY HENCHMEN!" Luffy shouted back.

"USOPP... VOODOO!" 

Aki frowned. Where was this going? This was the strangest duel he'd ever bared witness to. And once being a samurai, he'd seen plenty of duels. 

"A RAZOR BLADE RUNNING BETWEEN EACH OF YOUR TEETH!" Usopp shouted. 

"GYAAAH!" Chopper screamed, again falling for... whatever Usopp had just done. Aki sweatdropped as he turned to a frightened--or shocked--or stunned? Chopper.

"Go to your room," Zoro repeated.

Luffy launched forwards, preparing to attack. Usopp suddenly doubled over and coughed, blood spilled from between his fingers and he fell to his knees.

"USOPP!" Nami shouted worriedly, gripping the railing of the ship. Seriously where was this fight going?