Chapter 33 (Tristan)

Tristan's POV

I am so busy the whole morning. The workload keeps coming in. It was past lunch already but I didn't receive any message from Megan at all. He is really serious when he said that he is not going to disturb me when I am busy. He could have at least texted me a short message so I can read it when I am free. I was about to call him when my secretary knocked on my door.

"Sir, Mr. Rivera is waiting in the boardroom."

"Okay."
I'll make this fast, Megan. I'll call you right after. I placed my phone in my drawer and followed them to the boardroom.

I haven't taken my lunch yet. I am so hungry. Our meeting ended around 3:30 in the afternoon and the first thing I checked is my phone. I got notifications on Twitter but I ignored them.  I have to call my boyfriend first. It keeps on ringing but he is not answering. I tried it four times but Megan must be intentionally ignoring me. He knows that I am busy. He could have reached out and tried a little too.

My secretary Bella reminded me that I still have a dinner meeting at six. This day is cursed.

Since I still have at least two hours to prepare, I checked my notifications on Twitter and saw my baby's post.

What post is this? I checked his Twitter posts before and this is something new. All of his posts are good vibes and about endorsements. What's with the sad face now? Is he disappointed in me?

I tried messaging him again and ask if is he fine. I told him to answer my call. He is not even reading them.

The dinner meeting went well but it was longer than expected to the point that I already want him to sign the paper quickly.

I rushed to my home after and saw Yuri with the twins, Troy and Tala.

"Yu, Megan already here?"

"Been hours since he went home," Yuri answered without looking at me. Well, this is not new since Yuri is always mad at me because of Ty.

I dashed to my room and he is not there so I checked him on his. I saw him in front of his screen talking. He is doing a Livestream.

"Baby..." He turned to me. "Why are you neglecting my calls?" He pressed the mute and told me to wait for a bit since he is on Live. He faced the screen again and smiled.

I cannot wait though. If he is mad at me, then this matter cannot wait. I stood beside him and kissed him. I pressed the mute myself.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him.

"Should I not?"

"But you know I am busy at work you said you can understand me. You should have texted me too." I knelt in front of him. I don't care if they are seeing me.

"I know, that's why I am not disturbing you. I told you I'll just wait for you to contact me when you are free but I didn't know that even at lunch hour you wouldn't think of messaging me. Is that how serious your work is? I woke up without you on my side. Is it hard to tell me that you are leaving for work already? I know you are not used to this but can you adjust a little?"
He pressed the Live end button. "Tan, I even moved here so you won't be tired coming to my unit. I think it was better before because at least, I am seeing your effort back then."