3:Talent

When Richie woke when it was dark out. He looked over at his clock and read the dark red numbers. 12:32 am. Holy shit, I've been asleep since 1:30 pm, he thought to himself. He looked over to see Jayden asleep in his bed. Richie got off his bed, grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a white oversized Tee shirt, and went to the bathroom to change. 

He looked into the mirror to see a tear-stained, messy-haired, broken boy staring back at him. Richie hated himself. He hated the fact that he wasn't normal. He just wanted to be like every other kid. He just wanted to like girls. Richie threw on his sweatpants and shirt, washed his face, and climbed into bed, his face pressed up against his knees. His eyes slowly became heavy and before long he was asleep again.  

When Richie awoke he was met with the sound of a blaring alarm clock. He looked over to see Jay still fast asleep. He got up and slowly made his way towards the bathroom. Richie shut the door locking it behind him. He stepped into the shower, closing his eyes. He lathered himself in soap before rinsing it out. Richie stepped out of the shower, grabbing the generic white towel next to him. He placed his contact lenses in his eyes and walked out of the bathroom. Richie was met with Jayden who was already in his uniform, which consisted of a white dress shirt, a blazer, a nice pair of pants, a tie, and some nice shoes. 

"Well, you almost ready." Richie smiled, grabbed his clothes, and walked to the bathroom to put them on. He walked out with his uniform on and his hair combed ready for the day. The two boys walked out of their dorm to find everyone else in the halls either talking or going to breakfast. Richie overheard a group of boys snickering about something. He tilted his head enough to see that it was a tape recorder. Huh, Wonder what they're listening to he thought, as he walked over. 

"Hey what are you laughing at." The 3 boys turned around to see Richie. One of the boys motioned for Richie to come over. On the tape-recorded, a small voice could be heard. It was Eddie's voice. He sounded terrified. 

"Mommy Please." I heard him beg."Please Mommy don't do this. No, I'm not sick. I don't need those pills. No no no no no." I could hear how scared he was."I'm not gay. I don't need those pills." That's when the voice seemed to stop. Eddie must have woken up. 

"Where did you get this?" I asked the oldest boy.

"Dylan was recording the little punk's dream."

"Hey hey hey, I wasn't recording him. Rumor has it that in my dorm a kid died I'm trying to see if his spirit is visiting me at night. I didn't know the little fag talked in his sleep."  That made Richie's blood boil. He quickly muttered that he had somewhere to be and left the boys.

Richie was walking through the hall, to meet the other losers for breakfast, when I heard a muffled cry coming from the nearest closet. He walked over to the small compact space.

"Hey." He said, opening the door. A small figure was sitting in the corner. Richie quickly made the figure out to be Eddie Kaspbrak the small asthmatic hypochondriac. Eddie quickly rubbed his ace to wipe away the tears, trying to make it look like he hadn't been crying.

"Go away." He said turning his back to Richie. Eddie buried his face deeper into his knees avoiding eye contact with Richie. Richie sighed, walking toward him. He sat next to Eddie and pulled him close. Eddie tried to push him away but was unuseful. He gave in wrapping his arms around Richie, sobbing into his shirt. "D-did you hear it." Richie knew he was referring to the tape. He nodded which only made Eddie cry harder. "Why don't you hate me." He said between sobs. 

"Eddie, I would never hate you. Gay or not, you will always be my Eddie spaghetti." The two boys left the closet and walked to the cafeteria. When they got to the cafeteria they found the other losers eating their breakfast. Once they sat down with their food it was still very visible that Eddie had been crying.