11: Dance

School had just let out and Richie had a few hours before the dance started. He sat down on the bed just now thinking about how Eddie was doing. He could go check up on him but he knew Eddie would just push him away saying that if he came any closer he would become sick. That was Eddie in a nutshell. 

Richie slowly sat up and grabbed his outfit out of the dresser. Of course, he packed a dull orange suit as his dance outfit. To say he hated it was an understatement, but he needed to were it anyway. Richie sighed knowing he needed to go down to the laundry room to iron his outfit. 

"Great," Richie mumbled as he began the trek down to the laundry down the laundry room, suit in one hand and student ID in the other, He was smart enough to know by now that they had to carry it everywhere.

"Hey Stan," Richie wasn't surprised to see Stan ironing his suit for the dance as he was an obsessive neat freak. Stan looked up confused, he thought he had heard Richie but Richie wouldn't iron anything. It would be a miracle if his clothes were clean.

"Oh hey, Rich." He said not looking up from his suit, he didn't want to iron a hole in it . . . again. It had happened before when he was distracted, looking at something specific. Richie walked over to the ironing board across from stan and laid his suit on the board. "Holy shit, you're actually ironing." Stan was astounded. He had just witnessed a miracle. Richard Tozier was actually going to look nice.

Richie puffed his cheeks out like a chipmunk with nuts in its mouth. "Of course I am Stanley, I don't was to look like a slob at the first school dance. Especially since I have a hot date."

"I still don't know why she would choose you out of all the guys in our school." Stan raised his eyebrows, sucking his lips into his face.

"Ouch Stanley, that hurts," Richie mimicked a stab to the heart, making sure he didn't burn himself.

Richie finished up with his suit, making sure there were no creases before leaving. Meanwhile, Bill was busy contemplating what to do. Should he tell Stan or keep it a secret as he had for the past 5 years. He fiddled with his fingers, trying to calm his nerves. Stan entered the room only to be stopped by an anxious, Bill. "H-hey S-s-s-stan." Bill's stutter only came back when he was nervous that's how Stan could tell when something was bothering Bill. As for the rest of the losers, they never really noticed. "I-I um I need t-to tell you something," Bill said, putting his hands behind his back, looking down at the floor in the prosses."You c-can't tell a-a-anyone.' Stan nodded showing his understanding. "I-I um I'm..." Bill paused for a moment "I'm thinking about..." His eyes landed on his Phenix, Willow." Teaching Willow some tricks." He Blureted out. 

Stan stood there confused. "And why would you need to keep that a secret, it's not like it will ruin your reputation," Stan told Bill, walking back to take a shower before the dance. 

"Yeah," Bill said, his cheeks flushing pink. Before Stan had a chance to close the door Bill yelled "Don't take too long." 

"Why it's not like some girl will be waiting on you." He smirked. Bill huffed, lying down on his bed, knowing Stan was right but he didn't want a hot girl by his side . . .  he wanted Stan. 

It was known 6:15 and Richie had just finished adjusting his tie. Jay walked out of the bathroom in a creamy orange suit. Since it was a Fall dance the theme was orange, red, and yellow. 

"You look nice," Jay remarked when he saw Richie in something that was not a uniform but still looked nice. "That outfit looks more put together than your life." Richie rolled his eyes knowing deep down that even if Jay didn't know it, he was right. "Well, what are you waiting for go pick up Hailey," Jay said, pushing Richie out of the room.

"Okay Okay sheesh, you don't have to force me out, or do you just hate me that much." Richie joked. Jay just waved him off as he went to find nicer clothes than his star wars shirt and green shorts. Richie sighed, walking down the hall to stop at Eddie's dorm before going to the dance.

When he arrived he found Eddie asleep lying in bed. Richie smiled at him, lightly stocking his check, being careful not to wake him up. His efforts served no purpose seeing as Eddie awake from his nap. "Im sorry Ed's," Richie whispered, "Go back to sleep." 

"Mhhh." That was what Richie heard before Edie turned over, his eyes shutting, letting his body drown out all external sounds.  Richie left the room smiling, on his way to Hailey's dorm.

He stopped in front, knocking on the door to reveal a beautiful young woman in an autumn orange lace, floor-length dress, an autumn red, complete with a pair of creamy orange heels.

"Wow, you look amazing." He said. This time he wasn't trying to be convincing, he meant that she looked good.

"Not too bad yourself, Tozier," Hailey said pecking on the lips extremely fast. She grabbed his ear. "Tip one, if you want to look convincing kiss where everyone can see."She winked.

"Noted." Richie giggled, walking her to the entrance of the Dance. The room was piled high with decorations, food, people, and in the back a huge stage. The cakes were perfectly made with white frosting and orange details, The decor hung high above the people, streamers hanging around the chandelier. People were scattered about the room all wearing different shades of orange, red, or yellow.

"Come on." Hailey had excitement in her voice as she pulled Richie out onto the dance floor. Loud music was pounding in the background. "I love this song!"Hailey screamed at him just loud enough for him to hear. Richie watched as she danced her heart out.

"Im going to go get some drinks." He said before walking off. He met Stan, Bill, and Mike over at the punch table. "Hello." He said when they didn't notice him. His friend's eyes went wide.

"Holy shit Rich, you look good," Bill exclaimed, the rest too stunned that Richie actually looked nice for a change. Richie laughed at his remark before getting the punch for him and Hailey. As he was walking back he found himself lost, not being able to find Hailey. When he finally found her he was exhausted from looking.

"What took so long." 

"I got lost."Richie shrugged. 

"Well come on their about to announce the prom king and Queen." She dragged him over to the front just before a big plump woman entered the stage. 
"This year's nominees are Cheryl and Darell, Richard and Hailey, Samantha and Jake, And Tanner and Lucy." The woman was handed a slip of paper. 

"And the winners are..." The woman paused for a moment, staring down for a moment with a confused look on her face." It seems the dance committee a pair of nominees without my understanding." Cherry was standing off to the sidelines with a big-ass grin on her face. "And this year's prom kings are Richard Tozier and Eduard Kaspbrack" The crowd erupted with laughter, Richie could hear all the derogatory things being yelled at him. 

"A gay couple winning prom kings who ever heard of the." 

"Go back to fairyland losers." 

"Get you little faggot ass out of our school."

Richie could feel his eyes well up with tears. He sprinted out of the room as fast as his legs could carry him, the rest of the losers following close behind, trying to catch up to him before he was able to lock his door.

Hey everyone, for a change I'm updating when Im supposed to be doing Homework :/ Anyways hope you liked this chapter. I might get another one out tonight I don't know yet. Have a good day/night. See ya later.