Chapter 13: Partner

To our beautiful Red..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, just as Muramasa had said, Red passed away in her sleep. Everyone had mourned our loss in our own ways. Illya and Schwi were in tears while Muramasa was comforting them. He was in pain as well but knew he had to be strong to take care of the two. Me on the other hand, I was next to Red's body. We had placed her on the table as I was getting ready to cremate her.

Y/n: "..."

I gently pushed her hair back and rub her head like she'd always ask me as I place a few more roses around her.

Naofumi: "Y/n"

I turn around and see Naofumi, Schwi and a small girl with wings behind her.

Naofumi: "I heard about what happened with Red. I'm sorry about your loss"

I grab Red's hand and hold it up to my cheek as pain crushes my heart.

Y/n: "I.. I didn't save her"

Naofumi: "Y/n it wasn't your-"

Y/n: "If I hadn't gone out that day.. If I had listened to my gut regarding that place.. Illya wouldn't of gotten caught and Red.."

Naofumi: "We had no idea what would happen. Don't blame yourself"

Y/n: "I just want to be by myself right now. The girls and Muramasa are in the other room"

Naofumi nodded and placed a hand on my shoulder before he left. Raphtalia left a few flowers on Red's stomach before her and the other girl left with their master.

Y/n: "I'm sorry Red"

I tear runs down the side of my face as I kneel next to her.

Y/n: "I'm so sorry.. Why did you do it? Why didn't you just let me take the hit?"

Irisviel: "It wasn't your fault"

Y/n: "THEN WHO'S WAS IT?! Why did they have to take my Red from me? Why would they kill her? She didn't do anything wrong.. She was my partner"

It felt as if a hand was on my shoulder, trying to be there to support me.

Y/n: "I don't know what to do anymore... I want my red back"

I felt a warm sensation on my back, like someone was comforting me with a smile

Irisviel: "You aren't alone are you?"

I look at my hand as a small pendant Illya gave me was wrapped around my hand.

Irisviel: "You still have them. All of them"

Y/n: "Illya"

A knife from my pocket falls as I grab it and look at it carefully.

Y/n: "Muramasa"