Chapter 16: No Time To Die

Murasama: "What's the move?!"

I was still in shock as a man who not only claimed to be a God, but also had the power to back it up, was approaching us.

Muramasa: "Oi!!"

Death: "Save me some time and just sit there kid~"

I take out Calico and fire a barrage of shots while jumping back to avoid the rest being next to me.

Death: "Guess we're doing this the hard way~?"

In the blink of an eye, he arrived at my side with a knife in hand as a big smile formed on his face.

Death: "Your life is mine now~"

He swing towards my neck as all I could do was close my eyes and await for my faith. However, internally, I didn't want it to end like this.

"I don't want to go. I have to live. What the hell awaits me back home? A dull life?.. No, that's not what's important"

The faces of all who are important to me run through my brain as it scrambles to find a reason to fight. To continue to live in this world.

"Illya, Muramasa, Schwi, Red, Naofumi, everyone!!! No. I don't wanna die here. Not yet!! Not.. not until I've made it a better world for them to live in.. I CAN'T LEAVE THEM YET!!!"

I could feel my soul reaching out for anything, desperately trying to find a way to avoid this outcome at any cost.

"A miracle. I won't ever let myself get like this if I can get a second chance. Please, someone. I just need a miracle.."

??: "I promise to never abandon you"

Death: "Your life is min-"

He slows down as a light emerged from his victims chest.

Death: "What the hell?!"

??: "Affection of the Holy Grail"

Death was in awe as his blade strangely missed his target and struck an incoming monster instead.

Death: "You.."

The Gods' mistake was not alone in this battle with Death.

Death: "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Y/n: "A miracle was what I needed"

Death: "Huh?"

I fire multiple times at his legs, crippling death and bringing him to his knees.

Schwi: "Locked"

Muramasa: "Once more!!"