Chapter 7: Lone Survivor

Love me some best mom.

Fun fact 1:
I genuinely though I was the first to write a Kiritsugu x ROTSH story and felt like a genius. Then I found another one and realized I was late to the party.

Fun fact 2:
Was debating on either using Prisma Illya or UBW Illya (Fock 2004 Illya). Ultimately, went on to use UBW Illya since I love her design much more than her counterpart. It's the first Illya I'm familiar with so it's my favorite.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n: "..."

I look at the blood on the ground as we had arrived to see an entire village massacred.

Y/n: "They were all killed last night"

Naofumi: "What the hell could of done this?"

Y/n: "No idea, but it's dangerous. Red, go after Schwi"

Red: "Yes master"

She runs off as Naofumi asked Raphtalia to go with her.

Y/n: "Whatever did this might still be lingering around. Keep your eyes peeled Naofumi"

Naofumi: "Got it"

We make our way through the destroyed village as multiple blood stains on the ground and wall covered the village red. I had seen something that caught my eye.

Y/n: "Trail marks"

Naofumi: "From what?"

I put a finger and the small footprints and look to see it leads into the forest.

Y/n: "A little girl. She doesn't weigh a lot. From the other footprints, the beast followed after her but I see no blood"

Naofumi: "Meaning?"

Y/n: "She may still be living.. or her life was taken later. I'll be heading over in that direction"

Naofumi: "I'll come with you-"

Y/n: "No. Stay here with the girls. If I need you, I'll call for you"

Naofumi: "It's dangerous out there"

Y/n: "So am I"

I walk over and continue to follow the footprints towards a tree. I look under it a see some marks, like someone had crawled throw it.

Y/n: "She's not here?"

I overheard some noises coming from the bushes. That's when I see a large man. It looked like he was trying to use the bushes as a hiding tactic but his whole upper body was showing.

Girl: "Berserker!! You're not hiding!!"

I heard a girl's voice coming from the bushes as the Berserker let's out a growl. He used the tree's branches to hide his face.

Girl: "Perfect!! He won't find us now!!"

Y/n: "I can still see you"

Girl: "Eh?! How? I thought we hid pretty nicely here"

Y/n: "Come out. I'm one of the heroes so you got nothing to be afraid of"

Y/n: "Ahe also has that large guy next to her so I doubt she'd be afraid anyways"

Out from the bushes, a little pale girl came out. She was followed by the man as she stopped a few feet away from me.

 She was followed by the man as she stopped a few feet away from me