Chapter 15: The Wave

Holy Shiiiiit. It's been since May 13. 2021. A dead book has been chosen for reviving. Welp, my bad. I'm bad at managing many titles unfortunately and even worse when half of then turn out to be fairly popular with the readers. It's currently February 9, 2023. 6:17 Am. I will see this story through if it's the last thing I do. Updates may be slow, not nearly 2 years slow but you know.. I have a lot of stuff to write. Having said that, I will not abandon this story again. Here's to the revival of one of my favorite stories I had written. Cheers!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrive at a new location, I immediately check our surroundings as everything felt calm.

Y/n: "You guys alright? Hm?"

I noticed that Naofumi wasn't with us.

Y/n: "I'm sure he's with Filo and Raphtalia"

Shirou: "We are all here"

Muramasa: "I heard you'd be thrown to a horde of demons and monsters.. This doesn't look like the image I had in mind"

We were in a thick forest with a dark red sky and a bright crimson moon.

Y/n: "I don't like this tension"

Schwi: "Master, what do we do?"

I continue to analyze everything as I try to find the perfect move to make.

Y/n: "Not entirely sure. I don't want to do anything too rash but sitting here like ducks isn't the smartest move either"

Shirou: "I can move ahead-"

Y/n: "Don't"

Shirou: "Why? You don't seem to have a ready plan"

Y/n: "There's something definitely odd about this wave. Where are the beasts? Monsters should be running to us.. Where are the rest of the heroes?.. Why isn't there any noise going on?"

Muramasa had the same idea as I but we didn't want to put anyone in any danger.

Illya: "Papa?"

I take Illya's hand as I can feel my heart racing. Normally, I would never count myself as prey for anyone or anything. This situation was new. The eerie sound of nothing made me uncomfortable. The fact that everything around us was dark after a few meters, made me open my ears to even the slightest breath of air.. or even a landing.

Shirou: "Y/n"

Y/n: "..."

I hadn't move an inch as even though I couldn't see or hear, something inside me felt a pair of eyes on us. It could very well be false alarm but I held onto that feeling for dear life. For if I ignored it, it could lead to a death from letting it go.

Shirou: "Can you-"

Muramasa: "Oi, let him be"

Shirou: "He hasn't even taken a breath-"

Muramasa: "I put my life in his hands. He's found something"

I was glancing behind me. A pitch black void inside the forest was staring back at me. My eyes hadn't seen anything but it felt like I was watching something. I could hear the sound of my heart accelerating as sweat slowly build up.

Shirou: "What do we do then?"

Muramasa: "We don't do a thing, not until there's movement"

Shirou: "Do you realize how stupid-?!"

He noticed Muramasa holding onto his sword with a tight grip. His face was tensed and sweating perfusely. He wasn't the only one though. Schwi was nearly petrified as she held onto her sniper while preparing to fire at the slightest move. Illya had been holding her father's hand not because she was confused, but because she was terrified. That's when it hit him.