Chapter 14: Wave Incoming

Happy family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He charges me with his swords as I use my knife to deflect one and dodge the other one. I fire a few rounds from Calico which he jumps away with ease. I aim at him once more and spread some more but he is too fast again. He rushes me again but I use a few items I found nearby to make a makeshift grenade while evading all his attacks. I throw it our feet and put some distance between us.

Y/n: "Seems like he's rather super humanly athletic. Incredible intuition to avoid bullets from my fastest weapon"

I shake Calico a bit without taking my eyes off him.

Y/n: "50 shots left. It'll take me about 4 seconds to reload while dodging his attacks after I unload everything.. I have to find a way to break through his defense and land a clean blow.. But how?"

He was incredibly talented. I had no chance against him in a hand to hand combat with just a knife versus his swords. Perhaphs if Muramasa was here, we could be a better match with him taking him on and I play support. Apart from that, he made them appear out of thin air. Who knows what else he could create. If I could someone keep him at a distance I might just be able to fend him off in time for him to arrive.

Faker: "Enough waiting"

He throws both swords and jumps into the sky. He creates a bow and arrow which he aims at me.

Faker: "You got nowhere to run"

He releases it as I panic for a second.

Y/n: "Shit. 2 seconds to decide what to do.. Dodging to either side would result in getting impaled by a sword. Waiting in the middle gets me an arrow to the head. I can't pull out a weapon in time to counter it"

1 second..

Y/n: "Think Y/n. Skills!! What the hell helps in this situation?!.. Perhaps that one?"

2 seconds...

I could see the arrow directly infront of me as I calm down.

Y/n: "Time Alter. Double Accel"

Everything comes to a stop as I move in time to avoid the attack. I grab my chest as I felt the repercussion of using the skill.

Faker: "He evade it?!"

He falls to the ground while trying to analyze what I did.

Faker: "How did you do that?"

Y/n: "Don't worry about it"

I get up and pull out Thompson's Contender while he pulls the string on his bow.

Y/n: "What the hell do you want with me?"

Faker: "Someone put a hefty price on your head. I'm just here to collect it before someone else takes it"

Y/n: "Who might this person be?"

Faker: "You don't need to know about it"

Illya: "Papa!! We are about to leave for the-"

She stops as she sees me aiming at the boy infront of me.

Y/n: "Illya?"

??: "Big brother!!"

A little girl came out from a room and hid behind him.

Faker: "You?!.. Why the hell did you get out of there?!"