1. The Beginning

You're 27 years old and you've always had a passion about working in the BAU ever since you were a little girl. You've always been a straight A student throughout your high school and college career. You've always excelled in every subject, you were a natural born genius.

Today is the first day of working in the BAU as a special agent. You've always liked the sound of S.A. Monroe. Your parents were skeptical at first, because of all the horrifying and scaring cases, but they want you to be happy so they supported you every step of the way.

You've put on a black pantsuit with a dark blue blouse and black two inch heels. You put your hair in a low bun. You've of course done the necessities like showering, brushing your teeth, mouthwash, deodorant, perfume, you know, the whole process of getting ready in the morning.

You grab your purse, keys, phone, walk and lock the door behind you. You get into your car, igniting the engine and start driving to the BAU building. After about thirty minutes or so you arrive. You walk into the elevator then walk through the BAU doors.

You can feel everyone's eyes on you as soon as you walk in. Your eyes wander around the bullpen before seeing Aaron Hotchner wave you over to his office You walk over towards him.

Hotch: "Hello, you must be the new agent, Agent Y/N Monroe?"

Y/N: "Yes sir, that would be me."

Hotch: "Alright, come into my office, we have things to discuss."

Hotch opens his office door and gestures you inside. You nod your head and walk in. He shuts the door behind him and sits at his desk.

Hotch: "Take a seat Agent Monroe."

You nod in agreement and sit down in a chair in front of his desk.

Hotch: "I believe you're gonna need this."

Hotch slides over a badge.

Y/N: "Do I get a gun too?"

Hotch: "No,  you need to do a test for that."

Y/N: "I have a gun license, would that work?"

Hotch: "It's certainly helpful, but this is also the BAU unit at the FBI. So you'll need to take the test anyway, is that a problem?"

Y/N: "No, that's fine, it's certainly understandable. When would I be able to take the test?"

Hotch: "I'll take you down-"

Hotch was interrupted mid-sentence by a knock on the door.

Hotch: "I'm sorry." He says directly to you, and with a raised voice he said "Come in."

The door opens and a voice starts speaking.

???: "Hey Hotch, we have a case, it's pretty serious."

The woman glances at you. Blonde, blue eyes, about 5'7. She's wearing jeans, a purple blouse, black jacket, and ankle boots.

Hotch: "Is that all Agent Jareau?"

A. Jareau: "Yes sir."