37. Different

Previously: You and Derek informed the rest of the team about you and Derek's relationship.

A couple weeks after revealing your relationship, everything between you and Derek have been slowly changing. At first he started to hangout with you less and less, then he became more busy. You had brought up your concerns to him but he said that everything was fine and there was nothing to worry about. You didn't know what the problem was, until today. You and Derek were in the middle of a fight.

Y/N: "What the hell is the issue Derek?"

Derek: "I told you that everything is fine."

Y/N: "Everything obviously isn't fine Derek, just," you sigh, "talk to me."

Derek: "My feelings for you are changing."

Y/N: "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Derek: "Ever since we've been public, something changed."

Y/N: "This is why I didn't want to do this again."

Derek: "To be fair you knew what I was like. You knew I couldn't do the whole public relationship."

Y/N: "Oh so it's my fault for getting attached? It's my fault for falling for you?"

Derek: "If the shoe fits Princess."

You scoffed.

Y/N: "Wasn't it you who asked what we were months ago? Wasn't it you who came up with the month full of dates? Wasn't it you who started everything that happened?"

Derek: "I-" He began to speak but you interrupted.

Y/N: "You know what? I'm done. Get the fuck out of my apartment."

Derek didn't say anything, he just gave you a look. He nodded and left. You walked up to the door and locked it. After throwing yourself on the couch, you started to beat yourself about the situation.

"Why was I so stupid?"

"Why did I let this happen?"

"This is the last straw."

"I'm done."

You went over to your computer and printed out the documents you had printed out once before. This time you weren't quitting, you were just going to go on leave. You didn't know for how long, but you needed to find yourself again. You needed to be away. You've thought about it before, but now's the perfect time. You packed all of your things after signing and placing the papers in a big manila envelope. After packing everything into the car along with Harley, you drove to the BAU. Once you stepped off the elevator you headed to Hotch's office. After hearing the "Come in.", you went into the office and placed the envelope on his desk.

Hotch: "What is this?"

Y/N: "An application for me to go on leave."

Hotch: "Why?"

Y/N: "Because. I need to have some time to regroup myself, and I can't do that if I'm here."

Hotch: "When are you leaving?"

Y/N: "As soon as I walk out of here. Once I'm ready to come back, I'll let you know a few days before."