17. John A. Monroe

Previously: You and Spencer arrived to your childhood home. Spencer had to leave to meet up with the team.

You and your mom had finished bagging up all the cookies. After they were all in ziplock baggies, you placed 4 of them into multiple brown paper bags. There were at least 6 in each ziplock bag. You labeled each bag with a black sharpie for everyone on the team. There was enough for you to bring home too.

You helped your mom clean up in the kitchen after organizing the cookies. You asked your Mom if there was anything you could do to help with the funeral arrangements for your Dad. Nothing was set yet. Your Mom wanted to wait until the case was solved to have a funeral. You were hoping that this would go by quickly.

Spencer and Emily had come by to ask your Mom some questions. You know, the usual. "Did your husband have any enemies?" and "Was there anything strange going on before his death?". You and your Mom gave Emily and Spencer the labeled bags to give to the rest of the team.

~

It's been a few days and the team's got a lead. There's been two more murders. Both men, both around your father's age, both retired, both married with a daughter around your age. The team came up with a possible profile. It would be a female in her late 20s to early 30s, her victims would resemble her father. Her father had always been a missing piece in her childhood and adulthood. Her mother revealed who he was and informed her he was dead, this was her trigger. Her mindset was "If I cant have my father, why should anyone else?".

~

It's a day after and the unsub was caught. Her name was Zoey Hanks. She was brunette, 5'6, with an athletic build. Spencer found her before she could murder her fourth victim. Her method was stalking random men and their family, then waiting for her moment to kill them. She shared no remorse. When Spencer and the team came over to inform you both of her arrest, you and your Mom cried and hugged each other than hugged the team. You and your Mom thanked them unconditionally.

Your and your Mom set a day, Friday, April 15th. The team decided to stay for the funeral. And Rossi being Rossi, he offered to pay for everything so your Mom wouldn't have to. She graciously accepted. Spencer had slept over after the case was solved. Whenever you were with Spencer, the nightmares happened less frequently. You were grateful for that. For him.

~

Today's the day of the funeral. You wore a black knee-length dress with a black camisole. You put your hair into a bun with two strands that shaped your face. You applied a light amount of makeup, including waterproof mascara. Crying was inevitable. You knew it was going to come eventually. Spencer got ready at the house along with you and your Mom. Rossi had paid for a limousine to pick up and drop off everyone at the reception place.

Family and friends of family spoke about your father with kindness. Your mother wanted you to speak about him. You were hesitant about it, but you were going to do it anyway. When it came time for you to speak, you were a bit nervous, and your voice was a bit scratchy from the crying.

Spencer helped you get on the podium so you could speak.

"Good afternoon everyone." you say after clearing your throat. "It's good to see everyone here, even if it is under a horrible circumstance." You take a deep breath and sigh. "My father was one of my biggest supporters. He was kind, he was loving, he was an incredible person. I didn't expect him to be taken so soon. I just assumed I'd have all the time in the world with him." A few tears glistened in your eyes before falling. "I had good memories with him. Like when I graduated high school as valedictorian, when got accepted into college, and into BAU. He threw me a party for every accomplishment I had. He will forever be in my heart." You could see your Mom blotting her face with a tissue to soak up the tears. "My love for my dad will forever be unconditional, and I'm assuming his is the same for me. I will do my best to make him proud everyday, I'll make him proud to have been my father." A few more tears escaped. Your voice started to crack more. You took a deep breath before continuing. "My Dad also loved my Mom unconditionally. He'd give her massages with out her asking, he'd open doors for her, he helped her in any way he could. Someday I hope to have that type of unconditionally love with someone." As you said that you looked at Spencer and smiled through the tears you shed. He of course smiled back at you. You knew Spencer would give you that unconditional love. Spencer helped you step down from the podium and you gave him a hug, he never hugged you first, he let you do the first move. This was because of Nick. He didn't want to trigger anything, he was always kind and gentle with you.