15. Decisions, Decisions

Previously: You had gotten home and your parents helped for the first few days. After they left you sorted out how you felt, and you decided your course of action.

You electronically filled out a transfer application and an official letter of resignation. You were going to go through this whether you liked it or not. It was the right thing to do.

You put them in a manila folder after signing in pen. You took a shower and got ready. You were a nervous wreck. After you were done, you grabbed the folder, your purse, your phone, and keys. You had to take the metro because you didn't have a car. You looked at train stops the night before. You only needed to take one train so that was a relief.

You were hoping Spencer wouldn't come on the train today. You give Hotch a call.

Hotch: "Hotchner."

Y/N: "Hey it's Y/N Monroe."

Hotch: "Hello Monroe, what do you need?"

Y/N: "I need to talk to you. Alone. I'm on my way to the BAU."

Hotch: "Aren't you supposed to stay home?"

Y/N: "I'm better now, just don't let anyone know about this please."

Hotch: "Alright, I'll see you."

Y/N: "Thanks Hotch."

You hang up. As the train got closer and closer your stomach got into a big knot. You were just hoping to not run into anyone. In and out. That's the plan.

The train stopped about 10 minutes away from the BAU. You hopped off and walked. As soon as you arrived you headed straight for the elevator. You clicked the floor the BAU was on and hoped for the best.

The doors opened and you sighed a breath of
relief when no one was there. You headed for Hotch's office. You knocked on the door.

Hotch: "Come in."

You went inside and shut the door behind you. You placed the manila folder on his desk and took a seat.

Hotch: "What is this?"

Y/N: "My transfer application and my letter of resignation."

Hotch: "No."

Y/N: "What do you mean no??"

Hotch: "Just what I said, no."

Y/N: "Hotch please."

Hotch: "The why? Is it your pay? Did the team do something to offend you?"

Y/N: "No, everything's fine, it's just-"

Hotch: "Just what?"

Y/N: "I-"

Hotch: "What??" He said getting impatient.

Y/N: "Because I'm in love with Spencer but I don't wanna hurt Derek, or ruin their friendship so my only choice is to transfer!" You yell.