7. The Hardest Thing

Previously: Two weeks ago you and the girls went clubbing, which was ended early when a man groped you from behind.

*WARNING* - In this chapter there will be discussion of abuse, a toxic relationship, blood, miscarriage, rape, and suicidal thoughts. If you are uncomfortable then I do recommend skipping this chapter. If you need someone to talk to I'm always here, you can always reach out to me or anyone you trust <3 - Author

After the incident at the club, all you really wanted to do was go home. But since you were under the influence you couldn't drive, so you and the girls slept in an empty room then drove home the next morning.

In between the club incident and now there was a case. Women in their early to late 20s were kidnapped, tortured and let go. They were all surrogates for the unsub's ex-wife. After two days of searching you all found him. He's now in prison doing life.

Today is a Thursday, and you felt close and comfortable enough sharing your past with the girls. You all collectively decided to have a day where you, Emily, JJ, and Penelope could have a girls day, night, whatever anyone needed, unless there was a case. So today was a perfect day.

You've invited the girls over to your place. You've cleaned it up the following days leading up to today. You were gonna make baked bacon mac and cheese, Emily was gonna bring two bottles of wine, Penelope would bring a cheesecake, and JJ would bring ice for the wine.

Right now it's around 4 P.M, you've all decided to come at 5:30. You decided to wait till 4:30 to start cooking. So to pass the time you decided to reorganize, clean up a bit, take some of things you needed out so the cooking process would be quicker. You also preheated the oven.

You grabbed a big pot and filled it with water. You set it on your stove and sprinkled some salt in the water before turning it on. After it was boiling you opened the box of elbow macaroni and stirred with a rubber spatula. You let it cook for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally before draining the pasta.

You placed the pot back on the stove. You chop up some bacon. You take a separate pot for a separate cheese sauce for Penelope. You take the bacon and cook it in a big pot seasoning it with pepper. After it's all crispy you scoop out the bacon placing it in a separate bowl.

You use the bacon grease and about a tablespoon of butter to start a roux(roo). After the flour was cooked a little bit, you turned down the heat and added the milk while stirring quickly. You added yellow cheddar and white cheddar and stirred to melt the cheese. You add in the cooked bacon and combined it all together.

You repeat the process for a second time for Penelope's, using different rubber spatulas of course.  After both of the sauces were done, you divided the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauces. You then mixed till the macaroni was covered in the sauces. You melt some butter mix in breadcrumbs along with garlic powder and parmesan cheese.

You take two clear baking dishes and coated them with non-stick spray. You put the bacon mac and cheese in one then Penelope's in the other. You put the butter and breadcrumb mixture over the two dishes. It's now about 4:50 and wait till 5 to throw them in the oven.

It's about 5:15 so you take the dishes out, it's perfect. You wrap them in foil but poke holes so it doesn't lose its crunchy texture on the top. And right at 5:30 all the girls are at your door. You walk over to let them in.

Y/N: "Hey ladies, welcome to my apartment! Come on in!"

Emily: "Hey, Y/N, it's a nice place for an apartment." She says smiling.