fourteen

Vittoria angrily scrubbed the blood out of her beige sweater, as she stood in nothing but her brown jeans and beige bra.

She muttered to herself as the blood washed down the drain.

Vincenzo entered the bathroom cautiously, catching wind of her bad mood.

"Vitt . . ?" He questioned carefully.

She looked at him with her once hazel eyes.
Now they were a rich brown color that flickered in the light of the bathroom.

Vincenzo wrapped an arm around her bare shoulder and pulled her into his warm body making her anger slowly dissipate.

He pecked her forehead and sighed.
"He's downtown, alright." He reassured her as her eyes shifted every now and then.

"I'm not just mad at him." She said making him look down at her.

"I'm mad at them." She said obviously indicating their brothers "They lied straight to our faces, for weeks on end, and then have the audacity to question me." She said referring to earlier today, when the brothers bombarded her with questions that she easily dodged.

"They tried to "protect" us by leaving us vulnerable until they wanted or needed us to know." She spat as her anger resurfaced.

Her nails dug into her palms as she continued to vent.

First, you think that keeping a major secret from someone protects them, when in reality it puts them in more danger since they have no fucking idea that they have a target on their back at all times.

Secondly, dropping a big secret on unknowing people is how stable relationships cave.

It makes more sense to have someone be prepared, than having them be naive as to what is going on around them.

Their brothers were idiots.

Over the last few weeks, they've avoided questions about their work, where they go, and how they pay for all the stuff they have.

They were liars.
And bad liars at that.

Vittoria didn't particularly like liars.

"Is it time to bring out Plan D?" He asked with a small smirk.

"Not yet." She answered back as something rumbled inside of her, practically begging to be let out.

The rest of the family sat awkwardly in the dining room

They called the twins down for dinner twenty minutes ago.
They declined.

Alessandro and Kelsie agreed on her going back home for a while.

She had three older sisters and two mothers.
Kelsie felt a little more comfortable in women's presence than men's right about now.

Alessandro paid the awkward atmosphere no mind as he stabbed his meatloaf (no doubt imagining it was Wesley) as the four other brothers slowly ate.

"Do you think she knows?" Donovan questioned.

"She couldn't know. We're trained liars." Matteo lazily answered.

"Don't you think she should know?" Emelio exasperatedly asked.

He'd been trying to get his brothers to tell her for the last eight weeks. No prevail obviously.

Matteo went quiet and Emelio scoffed and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Ciro called after him.

"Dante's house, don't wait up!" He said without turning around.

Emelio went upstairs and planned on asking the twins if they wanted to accompany him to Dante's house.

He knocked on their door and rocked on the balls of his feet as footsteps shuffled towards the door.

Vittoria cracked the door open and looked up at him with cold eyes.
Any source of happiness had vanished and it made Emelio frown.

"I'm going to Dante's house. You guys wanna go?" He nervously questioned.

"Sure. Let me get dressed." She said before closing the door.

Vittoria re-entered her room just as Vincenzo stepped out of the bathroom.

"I got the blood out." He grinned as he showed her, the previously stained sweater.

She took it in her hands and started to speak
"Thanks, but we gotta go."

"Where?" He asked as he watched him twin pick up some biker shorts.

"Dante's house." She said vaguely.

"He told me he lived in a homeless shelter." He said as he furrowed his brows.

"He only said that because you said you were going to come visit." She snorted.

Vincenzo gasped offendedly "That fucker!"

Vittoria rolled her eyes and handed him some basket ball shorts.

Vittoria wore brown biker shorts, a random black crop top, her high tops, and grabbed a random sweatshirt from Vincenzo's closet.

After Vincenzo was dressed the three siblings left the house in a hurry and Emelio unlocked the door of a huge van

"Why do we need such a big van?" Vincenzo asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Well we have to pick everyone up." He said.

"Everyone?" Vittoria leaned forward.

"Yeah, Donovan isn't the only one who knows people." He scoffed.

"Let me guess, we're picking up the triplets?" Vittoria smirked at his defeated face.

"Plus Killian and his little brother." Emelio added making the twins freeze.

————————————————————————

short chapter, but i have wrestlemania to watch so BYE🏃‍♀️💨

(i'll edit this later)