0.3: The First Ride To Hogwarts

{1st of September, 1991}

Cassie peered out of the window. It was getting dark. She could see mountains and forests under a deep-purple sky. The train seemed to be slowing down. Cassie had returned from the girl's bathroom, after putting her robes on.
A voice echoed through the train: "We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes. Please leave your baggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

While Cassie was jumping up and down in her seat, Nate looked extremely pale. They had stuffed the chocolate in their mouths and joined the crowd thronging the corridor.

The train slowed right down and finally stopped. People pushed their way towards the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform. They both hugged their robes to their chest to shield them against the cold night air. Them a lamp came bobbing over the heads of the students and an unfamiliar voice spoke: 'Firs'-years! Firs'-years! Over here!' Her mother had told her obvious disgust for the gamekeeper, Hagrid. Which made her take a note to talk to him.

"C'mon, follow me - any more firs'-years? Mind yer step, now! Firs'-years follow me!'

Slipping and stumbling, they followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark on either side of the that Cassie thought there must be thick trees there. Oh, The forbidden forest, She made a mental note to also explore there with Nathaniel. Nobody really tried to break the silence, besides Cassies giggles, Nathaniel's groans of annoyance, and a poor boy, who had kept losing his toad.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder 'just' round this bend here.'

There was a loud 'Oooooh!,".

The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched on top of a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.
"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. Cassie and Nathaniel were lucky enough to score a boat to themselves.

"Everyone in?" Shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself, "Right then - FORWARD!"

And with that the fleet of boats sitting in the water moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was anxious now, staring up at the great castle ahead. It towered over them as they said nearer the cliff on which it stood.

Out of nowhere, Cassie felt a pair of eyes on her. Glancing up she checks to see Nathaniel staring at the Castle. She then turned around and was met with a pair of hazel eyes, staring dreamily at her. Looking at the other occupants of the boat, they seemed annoyed at the boy, as if he had been blabbering for hours on end,

"Nathaniel," She whispered-shouted

"What?"

"See that guy behind me," she asked, gesturing behind her toward the boy.

"Yeah, why's he staring at you?"

"I don't know, he's been doing that for a while"

"Maybe, he likes you" he replied shrugging casually. Inside he was enjoying watching Cassie getting worked up over a guy. He glanced at the boy again, to see him narrowing his eyes at him. Glancing at his forehead, his eyes widened.

"Cassie," he started fearfully. "That's Nico Potter, one of the potter twins'

"Oh, does he dislike me already? I remember him being quite fond of me."

"That not why he is staring, James potter met Lily Potter the same way and chased after her for 7 years. Asking her out every day."

"So ..."

"So, Rumours are Nico takes after his father, and by the way, he is glaring at me. You are in for a wild ride at Hogwarts. I bet 10 gallons, He's going to become obsessed with you" he smirked, holding out his hand.

She just chuckled,  and shook her hand in response, "He is not going to become obsessed with me".

As he was about to retaliate he was cut off by the gamekeeper

"Head's down!: yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy which hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle until they reached a kind of underground harbor, which they clamored out onto rocks and pebbles.

'Oy, you there! Is this your toad?" Said Hagrid, who was checking the boats as people climbed out of them

"Trevor!" Cried the boy, holding out his hands.

Then they clamored up a passageway in the rock after Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto a smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle. They walked up a flight of stone steps and crowed around a huge, oak door.

"Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?"
Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

Words 920

Can you all comment a bunch of wizard names please (both first names and last names), all blood types (pureblood, Half-blood, or  muggle-born)

Hi! This Chapter is short, the next chapter was supposed to be part of this one, but it became too long, so I split it.

Hope you are enjoying this book! Please leave comments and leave suggestions.

Have a good morning/afternoon or night

27TheEnd