1.12: The Other Cousin

{21st of August, 1994}

As their mother had stated, the young family departed at the crack of dawn. When they arrived, they were greeted by the sight of a huge, elegant manor. It appeared to be the epitome of beauty, with wide glass panes and a majestic fountain that displayed contrasting colors. When her mother stood in front of the doors, the gates automatically opened, allowing them to enter. They strolled down the long lane, observing the manor as they passed. They had arrived at the front door, her mother had knocked twice on the door, and then they were greeted by a tall man in his late 30s.

"Hello, sister, I'm glad to see you got here so immediately."

"Oh, it's all mine; this is my son Archie, and the other child is Black's."

The man cast a sympathetic look at Cassiopeia as he looked down at the two children.

"Hello, my name is Alessandro Nott, and I'm your uncle. I'm sure you've met my son Cassiopeia."

In awe of the guy, she didn't bother to ask how he knew her name. "Is the boy you speak of Theo?" she asked hesitantly.

"Ah nicknames," he said, smiling down at her, "this means you're well acquainted with him, I presume."

"Of course, he is one of my best friends at Hogwarts," she smiled, warming up to her uncle.

"Yes, the only individual you've ever befriended who is deserving."Elizabeth sneered at her daughter.

"And you will know something about good friends," Cassiopeia responded wittily. This acquired her uncle's rather proud gaze.

Her uncle, having enough with the conversation, invited them inside. He led them into a sitting room and informed them to wait whilst he brought his family down.

"Rainbow, you've arrived!" Theo screamed, bouncing up and down the stairs. His parents smiled sweetly at the pair as they hugged for the first time since they parted ways at the train station to return home.

"Settle down, Theodore. Shall you why take your cousins to their quarters whilst your father and I talk to their mother?" Mrs. Nott asked

Theodore confirmed unquestioningly and led his cousins upward into the manor's east wing. Although the teens and the younger boy were enjoying each other's company, the adults were having an unpleasant argument.

Words: 415

Hi! This is just a filler chapter! That's why I posted two chapters since their word count adds up to roughly 1000 words.

Have a good morning/afternoon or night

27TheEnd