1.27: 'Let's Start Over'

As the next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfast late

As the next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfast late. However, when they went down into the entrance hall, they saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the center of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat. A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around it in every direction.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Nataniel asked a third-year girl eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," said Cassiopeia. "I would've if it had been me . . . wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

Someone laughed behind them. Turning, she saw Fred, George, Nico, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

"Done it," Fred said in a triumphant whisper. "Just take it."

"What?" said Ron.

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," said Fred.

"One drop each," said Nico, rubbing his hands together with glee.

"We're going to split a thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins," said Lee, grinning broadly.

"What about Nico?" asked Nathaniel.

"He's rich enough, besides he's in it for the date" replied Fred.

"I'm sure this is not going to work, you know," said Cassiopeia.

"You're going to get yourself killed Potter"

"Ready?" Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement.

Cassiopeia saw the Aurors walking past and decided to give it one last shot.

"Oh, Mr. Potter"

No response.

"Prongs"

No response.

"James Fleamount Potter,"

No response.

" MR. SIMP SENIOR, WACK-ASS HAIR GODFATHER MAN-DUDE"

That got his attention. It also got everyone's attention in the entire room.

"Knock some bloody sense in your son,"

James hastily turned his attention to Nico, who was discussing the terms with the twins. James walked over and sat beside his goddaughter.

"What did you do, offer him a date if he gets in?" James asked

"Ah, yeah. How'd you know?" Cassiopeia replied, forgetting who he was.

"Well little star, I am Mr simp senior, AMAZING hair godfather man-dude" James replied smugly. Cassiopeia burst out laughing until she picked up on something.