10. romantic lover

"Fuck I love the rooftops." Ron laid back. Apollo jumped onto his chest and curled up into a ball. The moonlight was shining on his black fur. "I can't believe we don't have this at the burrow. I would've went up here every day and night." Ron continued. "Yeah, I always used to come up here during the summer to clear my mind." You sighed.

You looked to the side and realized how close you and Ron were. You quickly looked up to avoid anything awkward from happening and carried on.

"Y/n I know this is a silly time to say this but, you're really the best friend I could've ever asked for." Ron blurted out. He was calm about it. As if he just said a random sentence. The sentence made your heart melt, Ron never really talked about this type of stuff with others.

"Ron I would give you a hug right now but it looks like you're occupied." You laughed. Ron looked down at his chest and smiled. "Wouldn't wanna wake up Apollo." He smiled.

"I'm gonna be right back Ron, you stay put okay?" You asked. "Got it." Ron smiled. You sat up and climbed down the ladder leading you back to your bedroom.

You realized the house was completely dark so you grabbed your wand and casted the spell for light. You covered the tip of the wand with your hand so the light wouldn't wake anyone up.

You looked around the room to make sure everyone was asleep and then you headed to the kitchen and looked around for some food.

"Hmm...what's there to eat..." You looked around. You tried to open the top drawers but couldn't reach them. "Need some help?" Ron said. You quickly spun around and pointed your wand at Ron. "Bloody hell Ron! You scared the living daylights out of me!" Ron covered his face with his hands and laughed. You pushed Ron's chest lightly causing him to step back.

"Ron...I said stay put! What happened to Apollo?" You asked. "He missed you so he got up to look for you." Ron smiled. "Now how about that hug?" Ron asked. "Yeah good luck with that, now can you get me those crackers?" You pointed at the top shelf.

"Nope." Ron smiled and leaned against the counter. "You're so useless." You sighed. You jumped in place, trying to catch the crackers. The only light you had helping was the moonlight and your dimly lit wand that was on the table. You suddenly felt two hands wrap around your waist and lift you up. "Ron! Put me down!" You whisper shout. "Just grab the crackers already!" Ron laughed.

You quickly got the crackers along with some cookies and wiggled out of his grip. "Jesus Ron you gave me a bloody heart attack in 60 seconds." You sighed.

"Well you said you needed help." Ron said innocently. "Yeah right. Now take these and go back to the roof." You shoved the snacks into Ron's hands. "Here Apollo, sweetheart take these chips up and be a good boy for me okay?" You scratched Apollo's chin. Apollo grabbed the chip bag into his mouth and walked with Ron.

You grabbed some drinks for you and Ron and headed up stairs. When you reached the top you saw a blanket laid out with all the food you two had brought up and some pillows. "How'd you do that so fast." You laughed.

"Secret, now come sit down." Ron signaled for you to sit. There was a blue plaid blanket with cookies and chips and crackers. You sat down next to Ron who was leaned up against a wall and Apollo who was snacking on a meat stick you brought him earlier.

You sat down next to Ron and passed him a cup. You filled up the cup with some soda you brought and then put some into your cup. You rested your head on Ron's shoulder and grabbed a cookie.

"Are those your mom's cookies?" Ron asked you. "Yeah..." You sighed and took a bite from the cookie. "Hey cheer up, forget about your mom." Ron smiled. He put his arm around you and moved his thumb along your skin.

"Thanks Ron, I just miss her that's all." You smiled. "Hey what's that over there?" Ron pointed to the left. "Where?" You turned around. "Ron there's nothing...Ron! You just said that to eat my cookie!" You scolded.

"Did I? Oh my bad I didn't realize." Ron laughed. "My bad." He continued. "There's a whole batch of cookies right there! Why couldn't you eat that?" You complained. "Because yours looked better." Ron teased.

"Mine looked better?" You asked. "Yes yours looked better." Ron smiled. "Here this one looks way better." You pulled out a cookie from the jar and handed it to Ron. Ron took a bite out of it and shook his head. "Yours still tastes better." He smiled. "Ron they're the same...look." You grabbed the cookie from Ron's hand and took a bite out of it.

Then you took a bite from your cookie. "Ron they taste the exact same. "That was hot" Ron blurted out. "What- what was?" You asked him. Your cheeks turning red. "Me eating a cookie?" You asked him. "Yeah" He laughed. "You're so stupid." You laughed with him. "What? I'm just saying the truth." He teased.

"Ron?" You asked. "Yeah?" Ron looked down at you. "I'm a bit tired." You yawned. "Well we can head back if you'd like?" He offered. "Sure." You got up and headed for the opening from your room. The door didn't budge. "Ron...I think we're locked out here..." You cried out.

"Guess we're stuck then." Ron laid back on the wall. "Oh thank god we brought pillows." You sighed. You sat back down next to Ron and moved the food off the blankets. "Night Ron, night Apollo." You yawned. "Night." Ron said. You both got under the covers and laid down on the pillows.

You tried drifting asleep but slowly grew uncomfortable on the roof. You turned back to see Ron sitting up on the blanket. "Ron?" You asked. "No no no did I wake you up?" Ron looked concerned. "No don't worry." You smiled and sat up. "Oh good." Ron sighed.

"Hey Ron do you mind if we uhm...this is gonna sound so stupid, can we please cuddle I can't fall asleep like this." You blushed. "Course we can." Ron laughed. You both moved your selves so Ron was spooning you and your face was buried into his chest.

You had melted into his hands and felt like you were sleeping on clouds. Rons chin was resting on the top of your head. You felt Ron pull you closer to his chest, causing you to blush. You tried not to move and fall asleep quickly.

Eventually you fell asleep, in his arms on the rooftop.

word count: 1158