Chapter 5- Capital

Chapter 5- Capital

Elise is tired from the work and lessons soundly sleep in the carriage. She just woke up after the carriage stop to the capital. Mr. John the driver salute to Elise and he park the carriage after sending them off. They went to the city hall first and Martha manage the errand despite of the full packed of people.

Alicia and Elise stay at the front of sweet store while waiting for Martha. The capital is full of people mixed of commoners and nobles. The two girls are enchanted. There are noble ladies that happily having their tea at the shop. It looks fun! Elise is thrilled.

There are also different types of street food available. Elise have money in her pocket and she is excited to spend it in food. She became greedy and wanted to try everything. The only familiar to Elise is the cotton candy, it looks yummy having different kind of color. But Elise is interested to the bread, back then in her real world Elise always eat bread. She is looking forward to it especially now that she's in the capital.

Alicia is silent but you can see her delighted face. Now that she thinks of it, Alicia was a noble from the country side. The book never mentioned a details about Alicia's childhood. Seeing her in fresh is not that bad Elise thought.

Elise is diligently scanning the area. She saw a small book store two shops away from them. She decided to go there first alone and ask Alicia for permission.

"Alicia, Can I go to check the book store out there?"

"Why? Are you needing something? But Martha is not here yet"

"I just want to see if they have pretty book covers just like in library at the orphanage."

"Hmm. Let's wait for Martha then I go with you later."

The two girls decided to wait at the sweet shop because of Martha taking a long time. They sit facing each other and Alicia started to speak.

"You... Y-you can read right?"

Alicia asked out of the blue. The warm air become colder, Alicia shudder while looking at Elise.

Elise was taken a back and started coldly to the future Saint. She did not understand why but she was exposed. Alicia is just an eight-year-old child but she is sharp. Elise knew it for a long time that Alicia is intelligent, she will have noticed it eventually but this is sooner that she imagines.

Alicia is observing Elise reaction.

"Hmmm."

Elise close her eyes and open it again. The brightness in her eyes is gone and replace by a cold stare. Alicia feels the cold chill run down through and touches her skin. Alicia feels the invisible pressure and breathe heavily. She is scared as she trembles and grip her hands. She feels uncomfortable and does not understand why Elise release an energy that made her feel like drowning.

"E-Elise."

Alicia whispered because she can't breathe normally.

Elise blink in surprise. She didn't know what happened for a moment and was in dazed while staring at Alicia. She was focused that a sudden unknown energy surrounded them. She is battling if it's okay to tell Alicia about the future.

Then a sudden cough from Alicia broke out the silence. Elise look at Alicia and see her gaze. Alicia's eyes become lighter and a yellow energy like aura surrounded Alicia and vanished in a blink of an eye.

What the heck just happened? Elise thought.

After a moment Alicia is feeling normal. She isn't glowing anymore and her eyes came back to brown eyes. Alicia in her thoughts think that there's weird happened in her body. The atmosphere became warm and for a second she can see different colors from people and things. Alicia got confused.

After a minute, Martha found them. She has the purple letter in her hand. Alicia and Elise are both quiet and didn't bother to continue their conversation. They are both confused about the weird things they felt.

Capital is clearly a lively place. There's a lot of foods and stores. A big fountain is found at the center with big sculpture dove like bird that spreads its big wings.

Elise know that this is like a crest of the Emperor. A dove like bird that a symbol of Imperial Family. It only says that this land and this country belong to the great emperor.

Martha who is in hurry drag both Alicia and Elise to the stores. They manage to buy supplies quickly. Martha is surely good in her job as Elise continue to observe everything while memorizing it in her head. Now, the only thing that they will do is to eat lunch then go back to the orphanage.

Elise original plan is to check out the book store and told Martha about it. Alicia did not let Elise go alone that's why they both went to the book store after convincing Martha that they will be back quickly.

They decided to just meet at the said restaurant.

Elise and Alicia are both fascinated by the hundreds of books inside the store. They're both love reading that's why the moment they went in, their dazzle eyes shines than usual.

They got separated when Alicia go look for the book of Saints while Elise went to look for history and magic.

Elise is small so she can't reach the book from the shelves. She got annoyed but can't do anything about it so she tried the stairs next to the shelf. Getting the book is harder that Elise thought.

"Controlling Mana" A titled Elise read from the thick book. She decided to check it first. She is looking for a book that contains of increasing and decreasing mana in vice versa. She's seriously want to study it so that she can have knowledge in dealing with magicians like the psycho Molten.

Elise is determined in buying the book, but unfortunately drop it because of unexpected heaviness. Elise thin arm can't handle the burden and drop the book.

Elise is annoyed as she goes down the stairs. She wanted to blame her thin and small arm but she can't do something on it because she's still seven years old.

After she's back in the land. she carefully picked up the book but suddenly it moves far away from her. She can see a yellow glow like a rope behind her. Elise is startle from suddenly witnessing magic.

"Are you going to read this book?"

Asked from the voice behind her.

"Yes."

Elise turn her back to see where the voice coming from. She sees a boy who Elise think in age of eleven years old smirking at her. The boy has brown hair and gray eyes. What an absurd combination Elise thought. The boy is probably a noble because of its arrogant attitude to her.

Elise awareness for the future trouble made her decision to not buy the book.

"Are you a scholar?" The boy asked Elise.

Scholar is a term for gentleman studying magic and become magician. A genius gifted people that are respected in the empire.

"Oh I'm just kidding. I can't read, I just pick up the best cover among them." Elise said to the boy wearing her puppy face.

"hmm, how naive of you."

Said the boy that is now glaring at her.

"I-I'm s-sorry."

Elise who wanted to go back quickly apologize to the boy. She didn't let him say anything more and just run away. After meeting Alicia in the cashier they both leave the book store.

--

A/N: Hi. This chapter is a great hint of Elise power. I'm not sure if people get it but I hope you do. Hehe I hope no one is confused to the story flow. Enjoy you reading