Chapter 21- Curse

Chapter 21- Curse

In her consciousness, the voices of the people around her are getting loud. Elise felt the huge amount of magic mana everywhere, she can't understand why but her senses became sharp after the warm energy surrounded her. She opens her eyes and raises herself. There were corpses everywhere, those men wearing black outfits. She remembered the night of terror in the orphanage. They were wearing the same mask and the dark-colored aura inside. Elise got a hint of an unexpected scenario. 

"Elise!" Alicia, crying in tears, hugged her. 

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine... but what are you doing here?" Elise asked while wiping Alicia's tears. 

"The emperor gives us a mission to inspect the mountain of Yaven..." Nero replied to Elise's question since Alicia is still sobbing.

"Hey, Alicia, Stop crying. I am really fine. I'm sorry I got you worried." Elise consoles her then looks at Nero. 

"It's dangerous for Alicia to go here! Why did you let her join the mission?!" Elise snapped after remembering the original plot. 

Elise had the hunched that the men who attacked them got something to do with the person that imprisoned her a year ago, She's not referring to Dilon but the mastermind, the one who used the forbidden ancient magic. 

"E-Elise.... Don't be rude to the-'' Alicia said after calming down

Elise didn't back down. Her eyes are sharp as she breathes heavily. The original plot is happening again! Alicia will be wounded this time. Her divine power is not yet complete, she's not yet fifteen! It's dangerous for her to be exposed, especially that they don't know the villain yet! What's worse, Alicia is the target. Even now she's surrounded by golden light. 

Nero frowned at Elise's evident fear, but her voice was sharp and she was speaking in animosity. He plans to train Alicia while protecting her from harm. He also allowed Carson to join them, his aid, and the man he trusted. For unforeseen danger. Nero wanted to say that he can handle the situation well but this commoner girl is questioning his decision. His eyes narrowed by the abrupt comment from Elise. 

"It is still dangerous to all of us. There is a dark magician inside the mountain,  he could create curse spells and his target is Alicia." Elise mumbled while gripping Alicia's hand.

"How did you know that?" Nero is nonetheless convinced by Elise's warning. He looks at her with doubt but Elise looks at Nero with a fierce gaze. The invisible tension between them sparked. 

"I told her that." Bwi interrupted them and looked at Elise. 

"Did you know who's the dark magician?" Bwi asked Elise in her mind. 

"Not yet, but he's dangerous." Elise replied. 

"Sir Rj, Sir Rio, Can you both please come near me?" Elise said after a moment. 

"Bwi, cast a protection spell on both of them," Elise ordered Bwi in her mind. 

Rj and Rio go to Elise without any words. They trusted Elise and she's the person they both need to protect. 

"Aye Sir!" Bwi answered after and cast a quick spell. 

White light encloses both of them. Rj felt the warm energy throughout his body. His wounds automatically healed and his scar disappeared. Rj felt the incredible power bestow on them.