Chapter 29 - Her

Chapter 29 - Her

Samantha Forbe took two years to investigate the missing child in the empire. She experiences it herself but no one, not even the royalty acknowledges that it was strange. 

Samantha is a woman who cannot carry a child. She had an accident when she was a teenager and that caused her to lose her ability. She never married, only her family knew her fate. It was like a curse, she was depressed but her family supported her, and when she declared that she would not be married, Samantha's family agreed with her. 

No rumors get out because of her family name and the connection to the royal family. She was grateful when they approved her to have an orphanage. The home for children. Samantha does everything to give them family, knowledge, and independence so they can be ready to face reality. 

Meeting Alicia is like being made from heaven. She was a charming, kind, and very intelligent child. She cares so much for the children at the orphanage and Samantha wanted her to be the heir of Duchess Forbe. 

Their dynamic is purely formal but later on, Alicia learned to break her wall, and sometimes they get together. A simple exchange of words, and knowledge but of course, Alicia needs to go to the academy. The quick interactions made Samantha get attached and miss her. Letters have been frequent until Samantha was forced to decline her letters. 

The Duke of Molten is the most vicious guy Samantha has ever unfortunately met in her life. He was fine on the outside, almost perfect with a good family name. A good-looking gentleman and a strong magician of the empire. He has a list of honors that make him a great actor. The good man and a knight of shining armor. 

It ended a year ago, Samantha is a good magician, and only her family and the royalties know too. It was a promise, an oath that they swear in the name of their power. 

Samantha can detect lies. 

Duke Molten was suspicious because he was surrounded by a dark aura. She ignored it the first time and almost got caught because she doesn't know he has it on him. 

After the second meeting, Samantha has a protector that her grandmother gave to her. Her grandma is a very great magician. She cast a spell that could protect her from harm. 

However, Samantha gives her protection charm to Alicia. She was walking in raw but she was worried and loved Alicia as her daughter. She can't risk endangering her. She will never forgive herself. 

When she realizes what Duke Molten has been up to, she carefully plans an action. The prince needs to know what will happen to the empire, and how much the dark magician was threatening the entire kingdom. 

Because of her ability, Samantha just needs to inform his majesty. But something stops her. 

Duke Molten is looking for a saint. 

He was looking for the saint but she didn't know who it was. Why was a dark magician looking for a saint? 

A child that was from wedlock. 

An unknown child. 

A different soul from another world. 

Someone he wanted to sacrifice and a very dangerous spell that will change fate. 

Samantha halted her plans and started to dig more. If she's going to inform the prince she should know everything and how they will fight the storm. 

She searches the royal library, checking every detail of the empire. The history of the kingdom and the tragedy of the first saint. 

Samantha is alone after reading the whole history. A saint who lost her family, 

The greedy King swore to the saint. 

The origin of power and light. 

Dark and White. 

Samantha realizes the first saint. 

She never died. 

Then where is the first saint?

Samantha opened her eyes but was only greeted by a torch. Someone is carrying her like a sack. 

'impossible' she thought, she was in the royal library. The palace has a protection spell and an unauthorized persona is not allowed to enter. They will be burned before even stepping on the marble floor. 

"She shouldn't have stuck her nose where she does not belong too." Samantha heard someone talk. 

"Do you think they will kill her?" A voice is boring and apathetic. 

"Yes. Until he comes, let's take her to the prison." 

"She's a duchess." Worries were evident in the voice. 

"He doesn't care." 

Samantha acted as if she was still passed out. It was easy, she knew she was being kidnaped but she doesn't know who. 

Samantha has tricks. It was easy to escape as long as she made sure that she was alone. It was a spell her grandmother taught her. A very special and powerful spell. 

Another hour and Samantha was ready for her spell, there were no guards. She uses the advantage as they thought she was a normal woman. 

However, before she could speak, someone appeared. A thing who wears a very dark cloak. Samantha froze, she couldn't speak, nor could she move her body. 

The surrounding swerved frozen, pale hands and half lips were only shown from the stranger's cloak. 

"Everything is written by fate." A voice taunted before smirking at Samantha's still frozen body. 

"W-Who... W-W o' r, y-you?" She mumbled, her throat was painful and she couldn't talk. 

"No one can stop it. Everything will happen accordingly." The voice says again, it was cold and Samantha feels her heart throb faster because of the terror.

"You shouldn't have lived till this day. Your spirit reaches its limit. Godchild, Farewell." 

Samantha could feel the excruciating pain that traveled down to her entire body. It was like she was being ripped apart. Blood started to flow out of her mouth. 

It was metallic and awful. She tries to open her eyes as she collapses on the floor. The blood did not stop coming out. 

Tears flooded her cheeks, she felt hot and painful. Everything is painful! 

"Augh!" 

"Alicia..." 

Samantha can only feel the pain, in her blurred vision, her body started to illuminate, a small twinkle of dust floating in the air... 

Samantha sees her hands turn into dusk and slowly evaporate... Her memories are fading... 

"No... What's happening..." 

"You are not part of this world." 

Samantha vanished in the air. 

End of chapter 29. 

A/N: Hello, I know it's been a while but thank you guys for supporting this story. I am very busy right now so Idk where was the next update but still, I hope you like this! Stay safe 🖤