Chapter 11- Thank you

Elise open her eyes and realise that she is no longer in the dungeon. The room is bright compared to the place she came from. The room smell nice and the ambience is cozy, the setting of the room gives Elise a home feeling.

She didn't feel any pain anymore and her bruises are gone. Elise tried to stand up to change her clothes. She didn't like wearing dresses for sleeping.

Alicia who in the other hand coming back to Elise room open the door.

"tud"

Elise felt the cold chill after hearing a tud sound from the door, her hand tremble a little standing frozen.

Alicia, who came back to Elise room got her eyes bigger when she notices Elise who is lying in the bed is now standing at the edge of the bed.

"Elise!"

Alicia hurriedly hug Elise.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy that you're awake now"

"A-Alicia..."

Elise breathe carefully and have a deep relief after seeing Alicia's pretty face. She looks like a rabbit staring cute back at her. Elise notice that Alicia become tall and her body become slenderer compared to Elise who was thinner.

"Where are we?"

Alicia who are now excited flinched hearing Elise question.

"Were here at Forbe Estate." Alicia quietly answered.

"Then tell me everything what happened."

Alicia nodded and tell Elise to eat first before they talk. They have lunch at the veranda of Elise room. The sun is bright and it's a good day to have a picnic outside. Elise seeing the scenery feels indifference. She never thought that she will escape the prison hell, after all, she is just a side character for the protagonist to awaken her power. Elise sigh after the long thoughts.

"I'm sorry."

Elise heard a small voice coming from Alicia. The surroundings are so quiet and the brightness is blinding. Elise have no ill feeling for Alicia but wanted to know why it took so long for Alicia to find them.

"After the adoption, I was soon enrolled at the Courbet Academy. Ms. Samantha actually asked for my help to convince the emperor to have an investigation for Duke Molten. Ms. Samantha realize that Duke Molten is one of the responsible of the missing children. She wanted to gather evidence but she can't do it alone that's why she asked me for help.... You see, that time I told her that I was awaken and I can use magic. She is desperate because Duke Molten set an eye to the orphanage."

A long pause after Alicia stop talking. Her emotions are showing. Guilt? compassion? and sadness.

"We are preparing for submitting a petition to the court of imperial palace but that time, the magic council rejected us because Duke Molten is powerful magician and an aristocrat... I was devastated, then I meet the Empress."

I look at Alicia astonished. She really meets the Empress. Unexpectedly, the book said that Alicia was destined to meet the former Saintes.

"The Empress is a kind person, she listened to me and I tried my best to explained to her the situation of La papillonne. Then she told me that the light sends her to me...."

"What do you mean Alicia?"

"The empress said that I am the new saint of the empire."

Alicia's eyes become yellowish. The surrounding has become more warm and I can see a particles of light coming from her. Is this the divine power? I keep my mouth shut. I already know that her power is for saint. I never told her because I know the danger but I guess the cat was out of the bag. Alicia continue to talk.

"Empress invited me to the palace. I was still confused but I take it as a chance to talk to the emperor. It was scary moment of my life but after thinking of the children and you Elise, I endured my fear."

Alicia smile and the yellow light coming from her become lighter. what the heck, its blinding Elise eyes, too much brightness coming from this girl. Elise sigh.

"He offered me a position of the saint but I refused. I told him that I can't still control my power and too much used of the divine power is taking a toll in my body. I would be sick and become weak. I never thought of becoming a saint but I know that I can't refused the emperor that's why I asked him to let me participate to the mission of rescuing the missing children in exchange of accepting my fate."

Alicia smile at me. It's her way of saying it's not my fault that she will become the saint. It's her habit to smile that way, to tell people that she was fine. I know that it is her destiny that's why I didn't feel anything. It will happen eventually but I am not saying that I'm not thankful that Alicia save us. The Emperor must be fond of Alicia now.

"Then we captured Dilon after the attempted kidnapping. He is the leader of the cult. He killed so many children and we think that he was connected to Duke Molten. I was angry back then. The emperor ordered to execute him but I have a plan. I don't know why but I have the feeling that if we watched him for some time he will go to his base. We found you in the mountain of North. It is a forbidden place for the magicians and they are not allowed to stay at that land. I'm still looking for that place that's why I can't tell you now."

Elise is silent. A forbidden land? It was never stated at the book of The Lazy Lucky Princess. Elise thought that they held imprisoned at the orphanage but they were not! what kind of magic did Dilon used to teleport them? Elise frown become deeper.

"After then we tailed him and realise that some people are helping him back. Unfortunately, Duke Molten isn't on the scene and we didn't have enough evidence of him being part of the conspiracy. Nero decided to just save the children first because that's our priority."

"Then what happened to Duke Molten?'

"He still in his guard and it is hard to find more tails because Nero killed Dilon. After saving you I withdraw to the mission to take care of you."

"Hmm"

"By the way, you keep saying Nero who is he?"

"Oh, He is my guard."

Elise nodded. She understood now. The book Lazy Lucky Princess is still following the flow of the story, though some parts isn't matching anymore like when Elise being the one who was locked at the prison. Alicia having a guard.... Elise think that She must forgotten something important. Nero is familiar character to her. She can't point it out but he is very familiar. After thinking deeply Elise still can't remember that's why she just shrugged it off.

"Anyway Alicia, thank you for saving me. I really appreciate it."

I said after smiling at her.