Chapter 22- Dark Magican

Chapter 22- Dark Magician

The sky becomes darker after the dark magician comes out. Nero's eyes narrowed, gazing at the sky. A loud laugh goes on, Elise glances at it. 

The dark magician has a sluggish cloak that covers half of his face. He grinned then slowly went to the land. 

"Be careful." Elise muttered and held Alicia's hand. 

"My name is Elliott. Your highness? hahaha" He bows and laughs like a lunatic. 

"Carson, Get them out of here." Nero instructed his aid.

The dark magician has scars on his skin, from cheeks to his neck. There are symbols that Elise distinguishes.

"Forbidden magic." Elise notifies while examining the symbols. 

"Alicia, Let's go." Elise said while quivering. She can't stay here anymore!

Rj and Rio look at Elise and her trembling hands.  They sense enormous magic, all dark magic is aimed at them. Thanks to Bwi's power, they can still breathe normally. 

Nero also recognized the ancient symbols. It's risky for people who don't have a divine power to be near the dark magician. 

After a while, gloomy clouds and thunderstorms began to deteriorate. The crazy magician is looking for something and halts his gaze at Alicia. He scowls. 

"Do you know why we need to eradicate the Saint? He asked while glaring at Alicia. 

"Because she will end everything... Magic, civilization, and the empire... Like a bomb! Kaboom!! Hahahaha... Oops, you still don't know that... You, empire people, are oblivious. If you understand us, You will also kill that Saint! You evil Saint!!" He shouted like crazy making the green aura encircle him.

The scowl appears on Nero's face. He doesn't understand what he's babbling about but he is convinced that this dark magician wanted them annihilated, especially Alicia. 

"Carson!" Nero muttered

"Yes, Your Highness." Carson glances at Alicia and tries to drag her. 

Elise saw how Alicia's frown face turned to surprise. Alicia is having a disturbed face. She heard the dark magician mumbling about the Saint but the real story Elise read about Saint, she was the savior of the empire. It never stated if she will end the magic or she's that powerful because the divine powers have limits. It can reduce someone's life if utilized uncontrollably. It will never be enough. And Elise read it with a happy ending. Nero will marry Alicia and the peaceful empire will continue. 

How come he's saying different things? Elise recollected the night of terror where Dilon told the children about the Reader. Who is the reader? Why does he know about the Saint's power and How did he brainwash people? 

Until now Elise has no resources or full knowledge about the forbidden magic... Not only that, she only read books about it in the orphanage and it was restricted. She's not sure what was the connection of divine power to ancient magic, the reader and the dark magicians knowing something about ending the whole era of magic. Miraculously, Elise is gifted that she can read those difficult signs or spells but maybe because her soul was not originally from this world. She had privileges. Helpful or not, Elise's skills only can be beneficial if Alicia won't be harmed by this time. 

The wind turns amazingly sharp. The trees are dancing vigorously and they have a hard time discerning the surroundings. Elise's heart pounds faster. She's nervous and afraid that the people she's with will be in a dangerous situation. The anxiety that keeps forming in her heart sends cold sweat to Elise's face. She wished to save them but she didn't know-how.