Chapter 23.1- Help

Chapter 23.1- Help

The last thing Elise remembered was giving Bwi a command. She expected to die because according to the book, only a willing soul can fight the ancient magic. She was sacrificed. 

It was the plan she truthfully and sincerely wanted to save her friends. She was ready to die like what happened to her a year ago. 

The dark sky changes to red and the surroundings become colder. 

--

Elise blinked when she woke up at a bus station. She checked the surroundings and found out that she was finally home. 

Elise checks her body and realizes the bruises on her arms but she can't remember where they came from. Her clothes change to a school uniform. Was she reincarnated again? She asked herself confused. 

"Yohan!" A girl shouted. 

"Bitch Yohan!" another girl shouted. They laughed crazily after throwing raw egg to 

her.

Elise flinched and tried to move her body while still catching the raw egg. The dirt on her torso was plenty. Now, She was sure that she was getting bullied. 

"What unexpected new life to welcome me." she retorted silently. 

The dark alley on the bus station where she was standing changes. Elise's eyes blinked again and now she was in the darkroom. 

The room was so dark and only a personal computer was turned on, making a light blinding Elise. Where is she? she thought. 

"Damn you! I told you to buy food! Get the hell out of your room! Bitch!" A man shouted outside and kept knocking on her door. 

The noise thunder on Elise's door. Her body was in pain. She smelled a very bad scent coming from the room she was in. After a moment Elise tried to stand up and turn on the light. The room was messy. There's a lot of garbage and some of the things were crashing. 

The light opened and illuminated the whole room. Elise saw a shape of rope in the shadow, After she adjusted her eyes she searched for the room. 

The rope hanging on the wall appeared and a corpse of a woman. Elise gasped and tears formed in her eyes. She shouted loudly

--

The scenarios keep changing and there's a lot of creepy scenes appearing in Elise's eyes. She was exhausted. She felt the deep pain in her head that made it hard to breathe. 

Now, she was on the street cold because the snow kept pouring. It's been hours since she went into this world and Elise felt the frozen cold on her skin. She was on the verge of hypothermia. Her sight is blurry. 

Elise wanted this hell to end. She feels like dying over and over again. She was numb from the mental pain and wanted to give up. She forgot why she was in this place and sometimes her mind wondered if the scenario was her reality. Her memory was disoriented. She forgets some name she was sure she knew before she went to this place. 

The snow is slowly pouring into the dark alley where she was staying. The mountain of garbage was beside her and at the end of the narrow alley was the signage of a motel.

The street lamp was shining brightly at the next street making her eyes shone slightly but still no emotions were shown. Elise's eyes are dark with no hint of light. She was lost in oblivion. It was a terrifying sight. 

The people are scared by her poker face. Tried not to walk near her. Elise heard the familiar Christmas carols on the streets. She felt the familiar feeling when she was living happily. 

"Happily?" she whispered. 

The scenes of the kids happily singing carol songs. Where did she learn it? Her mind was hazy but shadows of small children kept appearing...

The sound of the piano started to play on Elise's mind. The memory of a child having blonde hair, pale skin, and bright eyes shows in the spotlight singing a lullaby. Elise blinked more times and the music started to be loud. 

"Who is she?" Elise thought. 

The warm feeling envelopes Elise's consciousness. Made her stop the trembling. The white bubbles sparkling on her surroundings made the scene change. 

Like a film of memory, The red surroundings change to red and white making Elise's eyes blink more times than she heard a voice. 

"H-help me... Please...." voice of a child asking for her help.

Elise was in the dungeon. The familiar dark prison and the cries of the children are echoing to the place making Elise question the reality. 

Heavy breaths followed the cries and the loud thud sound brought the shuddering fear to Elise. 

"He's here." whispered of a child in a small voice but still heard by Elise. 

"Kill the weak f-" 

Chains moving from the prison cell were loud. It appeals to the freight of the children as they try to hide themselves from the scary person. 

A sound of a metal gate was heard. Another torture for the pitiful children, Elise thought  

Last night, someone almost died because of exhaustion. The man drained them by sending casting spells that felt like thousands of needles on their bodies. Aside from the whip of the man continuously doing when he desires. Elise and the children develop the fear they won't forget for the rest of their lives.

It was the hardest and all they could do was to endure everything until they received the gift of death. Somehow, they don't wish to be saved anymore... The luxury they tended to achieve was the easiest and painless death. 

Elise laughs in her mind. It was one of the nights of terror she experienced. Why was she here again? 

"Eh?" 

"..."

"Again?" Elise mumbled and a frown appeared on her face. 

The surroundings are changing again between red and white. 

The dungeon started to shake. The debris was falling and children were shouting giving Elise a headache. 

"I-I..."

"H-Help me..." Elise whispered...