Chapter 28- Emotions

Elise is still yawning when they meet the Grimald siblings for breakfast. Bwi is flying near her head and helps himself to sit at the top of the table acting nonchalant to the eyes staring at him.

"Good morning." Rj greeted them smiling.

Alicia is also at the table sitting quietly, greeting both Elise and Bwi. She looks calm while seeing the shrink cat and laughs when Bwi greeted her too.

"Hi Rj," Bwi says and shifts his attention to his sister. Bwi's eyes glimmer and grin while smiling cutely at the girl.

"This human has potential," Bwi muttered and looked at Elise. Rio went to his side to bring him food that Bwi gladly accepted.

Elise's eyes widened as she looked at the siblings. Rj, smirking while Berry flushes her face turns to hide it somehow. She looks adorable at the sight.

"Thank you so much, Elise," Rj muttered looking grateful at Elise.

"It was part of the deal Sir Rj," Elise said and devoured the soup, smiling with great taste. It's one of the advantages she wanted to market into this world, the food is unique and tasteful. If she had only been in different circumstances, maybe Elise loves to stay here and enjoy the life the food could bring.

"Yeah but I am so indebted to you. Berry is the only family I have." He smiles softly, eyes are flickering with bliss.

"Oh, I also wanted to say that Berry requires an environment that could help her to handle her power. It was dangerous for her not controlling it." Elise suggested in a weak voice. Afraid that Rj won't like the idea of her sister's future.

"Yeah. She's a time bomb." Bwi commented, now finished with his eating and licking his paw. The chubby cheeks came back that made Elise's lips arouse, half smiling at the cat.

"W-What? Is it dangerous?" Alicia inquired, worried for the girl.

"Yes. She has more mana than a normal person in her age. She was fine now because of the peony flowers but they can't be held for the long term. She needs to learn how to manifest it properly. You only have a month." Bwi stated, his big doe eyes gazing at Rj making the latter change his expression.

"Oh! Then come with me." Alicia mutters, "I can give you a recommendation from the academy." Elise knows it will happen soon since the plot was originally written for Berry attending the academy of magic. Elise is still surprised as the story unfolds before her.

"That's a good idea!" Rio said, looking back at Alicia and Rj though Rj has a stern expression on his face. They eat quietly after, unless Bwi and Berry talk to each other, the whole surrounding is calm and peaceful.

--

"I think I need to go back," Alicia mutters, she pouts and Elise can't help but pat her friend who is acting cutely.

"Hmm. I think I will stay for more days. They have a great library and I heard from Rio that those books are interesting." Elise said enthusiastically.

Elise narrowed her eyes when she saw a different expression from Alicia. The stare is long and her eyes are dull and seem to hide from her deep feelings. Elise gulped nervously waiting for her to speak. She knows there's something wrong. Elise is sure of it.

"Elise... I know the first time I saw you that you're different." Alicia starts, "You are mature for your age and seem knowledgeable compared to an ordinary commoner. You do not seem a Nobel either, that is why I am so intrigued and worried about you all the time. I always read people and their intentions, I don't know how I started to do that but with you... It's different like I'm seeing a very profound lake. You have so much... that I can't see anything anymore." Alicia holds her hand and continues to speak. "I hope you tell me things one day. I have always been here for you."

Elise doesn't know how to process it. She's guilty of her friend and scared too. Alicia's fifteenth birthday is near and that added to Elise's anxiety. She tried her best to help the people that will eventually stay at Alicia's side. Elise didn't know how much time she had or if she was coming back to her world after her task. She likes to be sure. What if the person she learns to treat as her family hurts in a process? She has a lot of questions and aside from reading the book in advance, Elise has nothing. But maybe she did it to be part of the story, the impulsive decisions and actions are her selfish judgments to be part of this world. Elise's existence never hurt her before because nothing matters and she has no expectations. Not with her family who neglected her, the life she had on earth as an outcast to society. She is wallpaper but this world is different. She can die helplessly and there will be no major changes, she is nothing but still... There are people that matter to her now, helping her, appreciating herself. Elise did not mean to feel but the hollow in her heart kept suppressing, wanting to flee from the deep emotions she long cages in the corner of her heart. Elise felt so full while looking at the saint before her.

Alicia exclaimed when she saw tears flowing in Elise's pale cheeks. Her instinct kicked in, like a mother hen and quickly wiped the streaming hot tear. She smiles warmly, hugging the best person she ever met in her life.

"Hash, Eli... Everything is going to be fine. I will be here for you. Bwi and Sir Rj are also at your side. Don't cry, okay?" Alicia's gentle voice made Elise cry loudly. She never had a friend before. Not anyone who was there when she cried or wiped her tears soothing her that everything will be okay. She has had no one before. Afraid of her ns, Elise hugs Alicia tightly. Wanting to feel the warmth, assuring herself that the person hugging her was real and always there to protect her.

There is a long pause between them. Elise is thankful that Bwi is with Berry and did not witness her crying face. She felt embarrassed after calming up. She grins at Alicia after breathing steadily while her friend only pinches her cheeks with glee.

"Thank you." She whispered.

End of chapter 28.