The reason why

Avery's pov:
I woke up very comfortable and warm, but my chest felt heavy so i opened my eyes and was greeted by a face full of hair. I combed the hair away from my face with my fingers and smiled. Ryder was snoring softly but it came out more like a soft growl. I stayed like that for about 5 minutes before i got bored and grabbed my phone.

I got an alert from the neighborhood saying there's a giant dog killing the pets in the backyards. I frowned and clicked on the article "yesterday night around 1:32 was a wolf like creature spotted in the forest near oxford (i keep forgetting the place so please ignore the street names) I continued reading. "The dog has been breaking into peoples yards and killing small animals like : bunny's, guinea pigs, and birds. The dog doesn't seem to have a name tag or even a collar. If the dog is a stray we will get rid of it as soon as possible.
Do you know more about the creature please contact us at ***** ****.

I clicked on the picture that people had captured with they're security cameras and was shocked.
It was the black wolf creature that scared the shit out of me a couple of days ago. Just as i was coming out of my daze Ryder began to wake up. He grumbled  a "g'morning" and nuzzled his way back in my neck.

I giggled at the tickling of his stubble. "Goodmorning " he didn't respond so I continued looking at the pictures. "What ya reading?" He said finally sitting up rubbing his eyes. "An article about a wolf spotted nearby" I mumbled eyes focused on my phone. "A wolf?" He asked confused. "Yeah it looks like the thing we saw back at the forest two days ago" i said showing him the picture. He took one look and stiffens. "Ry?" I ask.

He nervously chuckled "it's not a wolf it looks more like a overgrown dog" he got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I frowned but shrugged it off and went to join him. I pushed him aside with my hip as he was brushing his teeth. He playfully growled back as respond. "We should go on a vacation" he said when he was done. "Vacation?" I mumbled still brushing my teeth. "Yeah just the two of us away for a while" he said hugging me from behind and closing his arms around my stomach. I spit out my toothpaste and turned around in his hold. "Where should we go?" I ask. He hummed thinking "what about Spain?" He asked. I gave him a raised eyebrow look "Spain?" He laughed "don't give me that face i know you've always wanted to go there" i mean true but it's so random. I thought for a second "you know what yeah let's go on a fucking vacation" i said happy.

He smiled and kissed my lips "yeah"
_________________
Don't worry the next chapter is coming right now too just wanted to split them up cause the next one is big : )
Anyway hope u enjoy!