The night before

Jungkook POV:
My eyes opened slowly and I yawned as I stretched out my arms. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and sat up. I saw Jimin hyung with his head on Yoongi hyung's stomach, both snoring softly, Hoseok hyung was in between Jin and Joon hyungs arms sprawled across the both of them and Taehyung who was sleeping soundly beside Y/n, I looked to my right and I saw a messy-haired Ji-Ah who was snoring ever so slightly. She was holding my hand the whole night, wouldn't let go. That was when I remembered everything that happened last night. SKZ and Got7 (A/N: I don't want to see anyone attacking me for still putting Got7 in here, they were already in the book and I didn't want it to be an inconsistency so I've made the executive decision to keep it in for the sake of consistency. Also I wasn't bothered to change my use of 'Got7' in the first book or any of the previous chapters. Sorry about it lol) left after Taehyung and I got back, they thought that the situation might be something for Y/n and the BigHit gang to work out.

~ The night before (no one POV)~

"We're back!" Taehyung announced, slipping off his shoes.
"Where'd everyone go?" Junkook asked, slipping his own shoes off.
"They thought it'd be best for us to be alone to work out whatever it is that's happening here." Joon answered as no one else seemed to want to.
Kookie nodded and sat on the couch, Tae followed suit.
"So are we gonna talk about what just happened or are we just gonna break out the ice cream and put on a sad movie?" Y/n asked.
"No, it's fine, we can talk about it. Dr. Park thinks it might be a good idea for me to start talking to other people about it." Kook sighed.

The group gathered in a circle in the fort as Kookie explained.
"The night Y/n..." he struggled at first, "the night she broke up with me, I was upset. I was more than upset, I was devastated. I was driving away from her house just thinking, reflecting, wondering how I could possibly make it better. Every time I blinked I just kept seeing Ji-Ji's face when I closed the window of my car. There was... sweat, in my eyes and uhm... well I didn't see the other car indicating and... I uhh-"
Y/n grabbed my hand and squeezed it.
"Kooks, I'm so sorry, I- I didn't know" she teared up.
"So, the uhm... the week that I wasn't answering or talking to anyone wasn't because I was trying to ignore you all, it was just that, uhhh, I couldn't." He cried softly.
"Is this why you went on a break for three months?" Ji-Ah asked.

"I was told that it was because PD-nim was worried about our mental health after the hectic comeback season." Hoseok answered.
"That's half of it. I requested that we went on break for three months because of Kookie's condition and because I don't think I could have went on doing what we were doing just knowing that Kooks wasn't ok." Yoongi spoke up.

Y/n continued to hold Kookie's hand tight, with no intentions to ever let go.

(A/N: short chapter, I've been hella busy and I have mad writers block 😩😩 I'll try to give y'all an update as soon as I possibly can!! 🤍)