Hey Dakota

(A/N: If someone gets my reference I'll be so happy)

No One POV:
Not long after Jungkook had woken up, one by one everyone else started to stretch as they opened their eyes. Ji-Ah mumbled against Jungkook's torso and snuggled closer to him.
"She'll be out for a while. Just put her on the couch." Y/n rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.
"Oh, no it- it's fine, really." Jungkook smiled at her "Sorry again for running out on you guys last night. I didn't mean to ruin your birthday."
Y/n grabbed his hand and smiled softly at the boy "Kooks, nothing was ruined. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me what happened."
He smiled back then turned to look at Ji-Ah as she slept. He subtly grinned down at the small girl as he watched her chest rise and fall with every breath she took. She'd changed so much since he last saw her.
Just as Y/n got herself up off of the floor, there was a knock at the door.

"Y/n!! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your birthday lunch yesterday, Jackson tells me it was great. Oh, sorry, I didn't know you had company" (A/N: this character is loosely based off of one of my best friends. They came out as pan and non-binary so I thought it'd be something nice for them. I made sure I got their full permission to base this character off them btw)
"No no, Dakota that's fine." Y/n grabbed their hand and led them into the living room "Everyone! This is my friend Dakota"
"People often call me Kody. I'm just your average non-binary, your regular they/them" they smiled.
The boys looked up at them and gave them a polite smile.
"Hi Dakota, I'm Namjoon. I'm kinda like a father figure to these idiots" He offered his hand. Dakota dapped him up (A/N: idk, I thought this was funny) and moved on.
"Oh no, I know who you are. I mean, you probably get that a lot, you're BTS." they sat on the couch.

"So Dakota, how do you know Y/n?" Jimin asked
"We met in university. Y/n ended up being my room mate. Then she went to work for JYP and I work for SM so our frienship is kinda a Romeo and Juliet of sorts. We also have a friend from YG, but he isn't as fun as me." they laughed as they looked at Ji-Ah, who was still sprawled against Jungkook's torso.
"Oh! Hold on, I'll be right back, I left your present in my car" they got up and ran out to go get it.
"They seem nice. How come we've never met them before?" Yoongi asked.
"They've been working on a project. I'm sure you've probably heard, SM is debuting a new group soon. well, not new-new, but. Yeah, you get it. Anyways, they've been so busy everytime I get to see you guys that I never really got the chance to introduce you guys." (talking abt SuperM lmao, I'm just gonna like make their debut later than it was lol)

"That's exciting" Yoongi commented as they came back into the living room "Should we be worried?" he joked
"Oh, no" They laughed and sat back down beside Y/n, "You guys will be fine, I don't like to think of this as a competition you know? It just adds more pressure"
"That's good. A lot of people like to compare groups and personally, I think it's best to just ignore it and focus on your music and such" Namjoon complimented.
"Spoken like a true leader" Dakota laughed and handed Y/n a small bag "here ya go Y/n, Happy belated birthday"
Y/n pulled out an EXO light stick from the bag and laughed, "Not again."
Dakota laughed at Y/n's reaction and handed her the bigger bag.
"I'm keeping this, I don't care" Y/n placed the light stick on the couch next to her and opened the other bag.
"KODYYYYY!!! YOU DID NOT!!" She screamed as she pulled out the vinyls. Ji-Ah woke up from the scream and gave Dakota a lopsided smile.
"Kody, when did you get here?" She got up and gave Kody a hug.
"While you were sleeping (A/N: teehee)" They pulled Ji-Ah onto their lap "Anyways, Y/n, I know you've been wanting to expand your collection but you never had the time, soooo, I went shopping for you babes" 
"Kody!! You're amazing! Thank you" Y/n hugged them and continued to look through the records Dakota bought her. Ji-Ah grabbed one and put it on the turntable. Soon, the room was flooded with the sound of '20 something'.

"A whole 8 year old and she knows how to use a turntable and has immaculate taste in music? I think you're gonna be an outstanding member of society when you get older girly" Dakota complimented.
"As I should" Ji-Ah laughed.
For a Sunday morning, the vibes were immaculate to say the least.

(A/N: lil bit of a short chapter, another filler while I try to figure out wtf to do with this book, sorry it's not the best. My area is on lockdown again and I'm back on online school and I've been going thru it iykwim. Anyways, this chapter was really just to introduce Dakota, how do we feel about them???)