But I'm selfish

Y/n POV:
I kept glancing in Jungkook's direction every now and then, still not fully convinced that he was alright. What am I saying? Of course he's not alright, stupid Y/n.
I noticed that he kept looking in my direction too, but would quickly avert his gaze when I turned my head towards him.
Huddled up in the fort, we all did our best to comfort Felix. Especially Minho. He felt the worst. He was grateful that Felix was willing to just give up on his feelings for Dahyun just because he found himself in love with the girl. They were all just talking about Felix, Dahyun, and then Felix some more. Minho went on to talk about his date with Dahyun in extreme detail. Felix asked for it. Said something about maybe loving Dahyun through Minho or whatever.

Everyone was so focused on Felix's feelings that no one noticed Jungkook's suffering. No one was aware of how much he was hurting. No one knew what he was enduring. But I knew. It was all I could think about. Not even Kooks himself acknowledged his own feelings. Instead, like everyone else, he was trying to support Felix and attempt to mend his broken heart. He was always like that. Disregarding his own feelings to take care of everyone else, despite being the youngest of his group, he was by far the most mature. Well, one of the most mature. He always knew just what to say to cheer someone up, he knew how to turn one's frown upside down. Always so kind-hearted.

I however, am not. I didn't care. I didn't care about anything else at this point. After seeing what I've seen, hearing what I've heard, I didn't want to focus on anything that wasn't Jungkook. I didn't care for anything that wasn't Jungkook. I know it's selfish of me. Selfish of me to want everyone to leave. Selfish of me to want them all to let me have Jungkook all to myself. Selfish of me to want to hold Kooks in my arms and never let anyone near. But I'm selfish. I deserve to be. It's my birthday. I know that Felix is going through something right now, and I should be there for him, but I can't. I can't seem to stop myself from completely ignoring everyone else. All I see is Jungkook, Jungkook and Jungkook. They say it's being obsessive or possessive. I think it's just my way of showing I care. Showing him I want to protect him from the world. Showing him how I want to hold his hand tight and never let it go. I'd give the world to hold those soft hands in mine again.

Jungkook POV:
Y/n kept staring at me. Her deep e/c eyes boring into my own. She was deep in thought. As if she was trying to figure out what was going on inside of my eyes. What secrets they'd tell her. To be honest, there are no secrets. I haven't necessarily tried to hide anything from her. Not until recently. But even then, I've barely been able to keep it from her. We're all here for Felix. We were meant to be here for Y/n. I mean, it is her birthday after all. But of course she was willing to give up her day to comfort her best friend in his time of need. How selfless of her. Always taking care of everyone else. Never ever thinking about herself. She was always kind-hearted like that. Always making sure everyone else was sorted and taken care of. She didn't really care about her own feelings, so long as everyone else was happy.

I was never like that. I've always just wanted her. Nothing else, no one, else. I wanted her to be mine. To hold her in my arms for eternity and never let anyone even think about laying their hands on her, not even so much as a finger. I know, how selfish of me right? But I'm selfish. Always have been. Never really cared much about what others thought of me. Never really gave a fuck about anyone else. No one but her and I.

My selfishness always got the better of me. Though I've tried time and time again to remind myself that she's moved on, she doesn't want me anymore. There's always that little voice in my head that tells me; she's mine. She belongs to me. And I belong to her. My heart will lay in hers forever. Kinda psychotic right? Selfishness. It's not pretty.

"Uhh, hey Y/n? Can we talk?"

---

A/N: sorry for the late ass update! Sorry for the short chapter, I've been drowning in assignments since I got back to school. I've also been hella sleep deprived since I kept having to pull all nighters to finish this group task so my writing hasn't been the best lately, yea I'm that bitch that carries the group to a good mark lol. Anyways, I'll try my best to keep updating when I can and to try to improve my writing for y'all! Thanks for the support and I wanna apologize again for the short chapter! Hopefully more longer chapters will be published soon! 💜💜