2| Goodnight

I hate school.

Luckily, this was my last day. I have to move in with my soon to be step-family and I had to go to their school. I am gonna make sure I lay low, not like it would be hard. Nobody hardly talks to me in this school but I'm not complaining.

When I got home I lay on my bed and thought about everything. Mom, Dad, Weston, and him. My eyes start to water at the thought of him.

I get up and start to pack. My bag didn't have much in it. Some clothes, mostly hoodies and jeans, undergarments, my pills, and most importantly, my necklace. I always wore it around my neck because I remember him giving it to me for Christmas.

Flashback (Third Person POV)

It's 6:00 on a Christmas morning and everyone is sleeping peacefully. Almost everybody.

"Ry, wake up. It's Christmas." 6-year Rayland whisper-yells in his ear.

Startled by the noise, Ryan rolls over and lands on the ground with a thud.

"Ow."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Ry, please forgive me. I'm sorry." Rayland pleads on the verge of tears.

"It's okay, mariposa. Please don't cry. I promise I'm okay." Ryan says as he wipes away a tear from her face. [Butterfly]

"I wanna go open presents. Please." Rayland begs.

"How about we watch some T.V. first and then wake up Mom."

"Can we watch Dora?"

"Yeah, come on."

.

.

.

"Do you see the yellow trail?"

"Look, it's right behind you."

The television cuts off and the lights turn on.

"What are you guys doing up so early? It's only... 6:45."

"We wanna open presents, Mommy."

"Okay, give me a second sweetheart."

A few seconds later she comes back with a pile of presents in her hands.

It's only the three of them this Christmas because their father went out on a 'business trip'.

By the time they finished most of the presents, there were only two left. Rayland had an oddly shaped gift that she tried the best to wrap by herself while Ryan had a box covered in red wrapping paper with a gold bow.

They exchanged their gifts and slowly unwrapped each other's gifts.

Rayland got a gold necklace that said 'Olivia' in cursive with a butterfly charm attached. It had a matching ring that was too big and it had 'RR' in cursive engraved into it.

Ryan got a green, stuffed dinosaur and a drawing of him and Rayland.

"Thank you, Ollie."

"Thank you, Livvy"

They shouted and hugged each other at the same time.

Flashback Over

 The ring finally fits even though it took years.

"RAYLAND, DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE." Linda yells.