13| Boyfriend

Rayland

"Rayland, would you like to answer the question on the board?" I was awoken by the gruff voice of my Algebra teacher. I shot up dazed, looking around the room filled with entertained eyes.

"Huh?" I rubbed the eye crust out of my eyes and looked up at the teacher, his dark brown eyes glaring at me. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep after that hour lecture from Paul and that five hour nap.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realize I interrupted your nap time. Go back to sleep." He said sarcastically. Too tired to register clear satire in his voice, I put my head back down in my arms and mumbled a small 'thank you'.

Safe to say the teacher was not happy and I am currently sitting in the principal's office trying not to doze off. His lips were moving but I was too busy falling in and out of consciousness to hear what he was saying. Every time his lips stop moving, he looks at me expectantly for an answer. I respond with an 'okay' and a nod every time, hoping he doesn't catch that I'm not listening.

"So you want me to transfer Christian and all your classes?" That was enough to pull me out of my drowsy state and spring out of my comfy chair.

"Huh?" He laughed at me, shaking his head back and forth amused.

"Are you okay?" He asked seriously, his eyes showing genuine concern. I was surprised he even cared, my last principal was a pain on the ass.

"Yeah, I'm not even tired-," I couldn't even finish my sentence before I was cut off by my own yawn, he gave me a 'really' look. "Fine, I didn't get much sleep last night." I sighed, putting my face in my hands.

"Is there a reason why?" He questioned, his thick eyebrows raised.

"What are you, my therapist?" I scoffed. "Sorry, I'm just tired and I wanna go to sleep." He nodded and typed something on his computer.

"Do you want someone to take you home?" He asked, still looking at his computer.

"No." I rushed out, he looked surprised but he sent me out nonetheless.

"Rayland, is this class boring to you?"

"Rayland, are you okay honey?"

"Rayland, go to the office."

Is what I heard all day by various teachers. I was sent to the principal's office again before 5th period ended.

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Miss Brown," He said with faux amusement. I huffed and sat in the soft chair, my arms crossed and putting my head on his desk groaning. "Are you sure you don't want to go home?" His eyes almost begging for a yes.

"Can I call somebody to pick me up?" He smiled and nodded. I wasn't actually going to call, I was gonna act like I was talking to someone and walk.

After I faked the phone conversation for a few minutes, he let me go to 'wait' for the person to pick me up.

Third Person

"When are you going to tell your family about us?" Alejandro whined on his boyfriend's shoulder. The secrecy of the relationship has created a rift between the two. This relationship has been going on for a year and a half and none of his siblings have a clue about their sexuality.

"I don't know babe." His boyfriend sighed, running his hands through Alejandro's thick curls. He started to grow irritated with the same answer he was given every time he asked the question. All of his family knew about his sexual orientation and accepted him with open arms and he knew his boyfriend's family would do the same.