4| Gold Digger

Rayland

I tried to fall asleep but it's no use. I've been lying awake in my bed for two hours. My throat is practically begging for something to drink and my head is throbbing. I check the time and it's 1:32 am. I sit up and make my way to the opposite side of the room trying not to make any noise.

I tiptoe down the stairs and almost make it with no noise. Keyword: Almost.

I tumble down the stairs making a 'thud' noise with each step. I look at my arm and see how the wound Darren gave me reopened and blood spewing out of it. I have no idea where medical supplies are in this house.

People keep a first aid kit in the kitchen right?

I check every cabinet in the kitchen with no success and instead check the downstairs bathroom. I opened the cabinet and bingo. I took out the hydrogen peroxide and a cotton ball cleaning the wound to prevent infection. Once I finish, I wrap it in a bandage pulling my long sleeves back over my arms.

I was so engaged, I failed to realize I was being watched. I turned and saw Liam with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Hey... so how long have you been standing there?" I awkwardly stated hoping he didn't see the whole thing.

"Long enough, what happened to your arm?" He said in a concerned but stern voice.

I awkwardly chuckled, taking a step back further into the bathroom. I put the bandaged arm behind my back. Not gonna lie, I was scared but I wasn't gonna show it.

"None of your business." I ran with a slight limp all the way back to my room before slamming the door. I plop down onto my bed until I realize something.

I didn't even get anything to drink.

Liam

I jolted awake when I heard somebody tumbling down the stairs at one in the morning. I groan, I hate being a light sleeper. Every slight noise wakes me up but it also has its advantages. Like catching injured girls sneaking into the kitchen.

I got up out of bed curious to see the person who woke me up. My thoughts were answered when I saw Rayland looking down at her arm sitting at the bottom of the stairs. It was too dark to see what she was looking at. She went around opening all the wooden cabinets as if she was looking for something? She gave up her search and tiptoed to the bathroom on the opposite side of the house. I cautiously followed trying not to make my presence known. When she turned on the light in the bathroom, I was shocked to say the least.

Blood was trickling on the floor from a scar on her arm, but that wasn't the only one. Her arm was littered with scars, some as big as my thumb. Were they self-inflicted? Did someone else do this to her?

But why do I even care about this random girl living in our house? She is just some rude little girl that acts out for attention. Right? It didn't stop me from being curious.

"Hey... so how long have you been standing there?" She asked awkwardly.

"Long enough, what happened to your arm?" I asked.

She took a step back away from me further into the bathroom. She slickly put the bandaged arm behind her back. She looked scared even though it wasn't my intention.

"None of your business." Before I knew it, she pushed past me and ran upstairs.

She's a runner, she's a track star. Sorry.

She had a limp which made me even more curious. Maybe she got it when she fell down the stairs? I didn't want to jump to conclusions but I also didn't want to push my boundaries. If someone was hurting her, I wouldn't expect her to tell someone that she just met a few days ago.

It doesn't matter anyway, with Micheal's plan she definitely wouldn't trust anybody in this house.

Earlier today...

"We make our brothers hate her." Micheal said with a slight smirk.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" I asked. Most of my brothers already don't like her so this shouldn't be too hard.

"We could do a bunch of stuff and blame it on her? Knowing our brothers, they'll find some way to retaliate and she'll be mad at them. It'll be a mutual thing."

"That could work." Jaxon said.

We gave each other nods of approval and started working on a plan.

Rayland

It was a cold Saturday morning in the Brown house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. I had a massive headache and wanted to throw up. My bandage fell off in my sleep and was a bloody mess on my bed. I searched my bedside table for my pills but they were nowhere to be found. Maybe I haven't unpacked them yet? I searched my duffle bag only to find my clothes, where are they?

I groaned as I walked toward the door as my feet slapped against the cold floor. Nobody was in the kitchen so I decided to make myself some food.

"Do I smell food?" A groggy voice belonging to Jaylen appeared from behind me. I ignored his obvious question, silently eating scrambled eggs. "Where's my food?" He whined. I almost smiled at his childish antics.

"Still in the fridge for you to cook." I retorted.

"Whatever." He mumbled, opening the fridge. "Are you the only one up?" He asked.

"I think so, I didn't see anybody up." I glance at the clock stating it's 7:13 in bold symbols.

I finished my breakfast and went upstairs. I read until it was time for dinner. I walked in the hallway and my arm was harshly dragged into a closet.

"Listen, I know what you and your little gold digging aunt are doing and it's not going to work. You are not going to corrupt my brothers." He snapped, still gripping my arm. I wanted to laugh in his face, so that's what I did.

I pulled my arm away and looked at him in disgust. Not going to lie, I was scared. In my past experiences, me and boys alone don't end well.  I put up my strongest front and pushed him, making hit the wall.

"Don't touch me again, Blake." He looked surprised that I put up fight but stomped out and went to dinner,

Hijo de la gran puta. [Son of a bitch]

__________________________________________________________

1066 Words

Any thoughts?