16| Aria and Apologies

Third Person

The tension between the triplets was obvious to everyone around them for a few days; the awkward glances, the mean glares, the apologetic frowns. On Tuesday, Jaxon and Jayden rode to school together while Jaylen walked with Rayland. It was awkward at first but they eventually fell into a comfortable conversation.

When they walked into school together, multiple assumptions and accusations were thrown around but none were confirmed or denied. They both ignored them and moved on with their day.

After the twins' reunion, Ryan and Rayland both told their guardians about their discoveries. Lana (Twins' Mom) was joyous about how her children were reunited. If it wasn't for him, they would have never been separated. Lana was keeping track of Rayland to make sure she was safe after she left. She made sure to wait a few years to bring the twins together to prevent him from finding them.

Paul was surprised Rayland had a twin in the first place, Linda never told him. He started to realize she wasn't the same person he married and he was realizing it the hard way.

The next day, Paul and Lana met up to discuss the living situation for them. Lana knew it was too risky for the twins to live together, it was already risky for them even knowing each other. She gave an excuse that her sister had legal custody of her daughter and they agreed she would stay at her house for a week.

"I still can't believe you're here, like right next to me." Ryan breathed out in disbelief as they were walking to homeroom, Rayland rolled her eyes.

"You've been saying that for the past five minutes, weirdo." She playfully pushed him. He pushed her which caused her to topple into Max which caused him to crash backwards into Myles to the floor.

"Really?" They all stretched out, giving Ryan a deadpanned look, dusting themselves off the floor. He shrugged sheepishly, slowly backing away as Myles and Max started to chase him through the hallway which left Rayland with Weston.

"Your brother is something else." Weston shook his head chuckling, stretching his fingers through his tangled curls.

"Try sharing a womb with him." They both laughed. While they were laughing, Rayland felt a buzz from her pants pocket. She picked the phone up and the number she saw made the phone slip from her fingers to the ground, her hand was now trembling.

"Woah, you okay?" He chuckled, picking up her probably cracked phone up.

"Yeah, I'm good. It just scared me." She laughed, her voice was shaky and it was obvious, especially to her best friend something was off. He decided not to pry as they walked, he knew she would tell her if she wanted to.

But maybe he should've.

She blocked the number and made it on time for the next class.

Playing Poker

"Maximus, for the last fucking time, fish cannot see air." Rayland groans in frustration at Max for the hundredth time.

"But hear me out, we can see water but we can't see air. Wouldn't it make sense that fish can't see water and they can see air." He exclaims, everybody at the lunch table gives him odd looks.

"No, it does not make sense. Air is physically impossible to see, for fish and humans." She tries to reason with him.

"How would you know, are you a fish?" He inquires, everybody face palms.

"I gotta go, I can't deal with this right now." Ryan excuses himself, shaking his head.

On his way, he witnessed three teenage boys laughing. He shrugged it off and walked down the hallway but was greeted with a short girl crying on the floor, immediately wiping her eyes when she noticed someone.