15| Ryan

Ryan

"Mom, do I have to go?" I whined. We moved to Virginia a few weeks ago which meant leaving my old life behind. It was currently my first day at a new school and I was dreading it. We've moved continuously for the last few years and yet I have no idea why. She claims she likes new environments but we both know that's bullshit.

"Ryan, just give it a chance; you never know." Mom sighed, raising both of her eyebrows suggestively. I raised an eyebrow questioning her but she just shrugged as she closed my lunch bag.

"School's boring, why can't I just stay home?" I continued whining, she rolled her hazel eyes.

"You are a fifteen year old whining, do you really expect me to take you seriously right now?" She gave me the look, I sighed and shook my head no and heard her snicker in response.

"Now come on kid, you're going to be late." She rushed me, stuffing the packed lunch in my hand and guiding me to the door.

"Mom, it's 10:30, of course we are going to be late." I rolled my eyes, she playfully shoved me and led me out the door with her signature smile; the smile I haven't seen in years. We pack into the car, talking and listening to music on the way.

"Be a good boy for Mommy okay?" She softly cooed, smothering my face with kisses. The red lipstick would surely leave a stain.

"Mom, stop." I complained, pushing her away. She chuckled, giving me a final kiss on the forehead and wrapped her arms around me. I hug her back for a few seconds before breaking away.

"I love you, buddy." She blows me a kiss.

"I love you too, Mommy." I blew her one back before getting out of the car and shutting the door. I stared at the ordinary looking school before taking a breath and striding towards the school.

I walk in, only to be welcomed by empty halls and a big ass sign labeled 'Main Office'. I walked in immediately greeted by an older looking woman. She looks up from her computer with a smile on her face.

"How may I help you?"

"Um- I'm new here, I need to get my schedule." I asked her, she kept a smile on her face.

"Name please?" She asked with a giant smile, showcasing her pearly whites.

"Ryan Co- Moore." I quickly cut myself off, she only raised an eyebrow and kept the same smile that hadn't left since we started the conversation. She rapidly typed on her keyboard, keeping her eyes on the screen. A noise next to her interrupted my train of thought as she grabbed the paper from the printer. She grinned and handed me the white paper.

I thanked her and looked down at my paper, not paying attention to my surroundings. I ran into a person, knocking them to the floor.

"Fuck, are you okay?" I looked up from my paper, I could only see the top of her head and math books sprawled out on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm good. You should be asking my math book that." She laughed as I joined in. The voice seemed familiar. Too familiar.

She lifted her head and that's when I noticed...

"Why the fuck do you look like me?" We both shouted at the same time, astonished by the discovery. The dark brown curly hair, the hazel eyes, the tan, brown skin. She looked like a carbon copy of me.

"I asked you first." We both shouted simultaneously again.

"Can you stop doing that?" We both glared at each other. That's when I looked down and noticed the ring, only the ring that she could have. Our eyes soften at the same time because of the realization. It felt like hours before we spoke again.