22| Finders Keepers

Third Person

"I don't want to go to school." The four year old whined, his mom chuckled, placing his dinosaur backpack on his shoulders.

"You're not excited for your first day of preschool?" Lana cooed, Ryan ferociously shook his head, Ray laughed at her 'older' brother which made her pigtails hit her face. Lana adjusted her daughter's ponytails before ushering her and her son out of the house.

"You're being a baby Ryan, school isn't bad." Rayland teased her brother, Ryan pouted as he walked along the driveway.

"I'm not a baby." He whined, Lana gave him a look but he didn't the hint that he was acting like a baby.

"It's going to be like Bubble Guppies, right Mommy? Our teacher is gonna be Mr.Grouper!" Rayland enthused, Lana almost let out a laugh from her daughter's interpretation.

"Not really, honey." This time Rayland was the one that pouted with her arms crossed before stepping foot in the car.

"Who's the baby now?" He stuck out his tongue which his sister reciprocated.

"You." She sassed, these are the moments that Lana regretted Rayland inheriting her personality from her. Ryan stuck out his tongue again and spit in Rayland's direction.

"Ew." She shrieked as she hit her brother in the arm.

"Mom, she hit me." He snitched, Rayland gasped and almost immediately yelled, "He spit on me first." She pointed at me.

"Enough. Guys, this is supposed to be a fun day. One day, you're gonna realize that you need each way more than you think you do." She spoke from experience. The twins looked at each other in disbelief, not believing a word that was coming out of her mouth.

"I will never need him." "I will never need her." They said at the same time, not knowing how wrong they'd be in about twenty minutes.

They continued arguing from the backseat about who the biggest baby was.

"Okay, Mommy loves you guys. Have fun!" She yelled from the car window as she dropped her kids off. They waved and simultaneously said 'love you mommy'. She had walked in with them to help them get used to the new environment.

"I don't want Mommy to go." Ryan cried, Rayland looked at him and laughed.

"I told you, you were the bigger baby."

-

"Ryan, I need your help. This boy is taking up two cubbies." She pointed to the child standing  to the side. He was indeed taking up two cubbies.

"What do you want me to do?" He shrugged, Rayland hit him hard in the arm to which he let out a small 'ow'.

"Ryan." She stretched out, "I don't have one, where am I gonna put my backpack?" She held up a metallic butterfly backpack. As soon as she first set eyes on the backpack, she fell in love with it. Ever since her mother started calling her mariposa [butterfly] because of her love of butterflies, she knew it was the perfect backpack.

"Sorry sis." He shrugged again and began walking toward his seat until Rayland dragged him back to where he was.

"I thought you didn't need me." He teased with a smile on his face, it was the perfect set up for Rayland to admit she needed her twin.

"I don't," She scoffed, Ryan nodded and tried to walk away but of course, he was interrupted again. "But, I need your help. Not you, just your help." She reasoned, Ryan gave her a look but she stuck to it.