New Beginnings

deep breath in.

deep breath out.

They won't hurt you. They're heroes after all. It'll be alright. Just open the door. Open the door. It's not that hard. Just open the door. Open the door. Open the door. Open the door. Open the door. Open the do-

Your nerves raced and your heart pounded, before you could calm yourself enough to move and open the door to your new home, it swung open, revealing a tall boy with blue hair and glasses.

"Hello. I believe it is reasonable to assume that you are the new exchange student from America. My name is Tenya IIda, I am the class representative." He spoke quickly and forcefully, startling you. He bowed deeply and you weren't exactly sure how to respond.

"Um... Y/N L/N." You stuttered slightly as you spoke, on the very edge of a panic attack.

He held the door open a bit wider, gesturing for you to come inside. The inside was nice, the décor was tasteful but the lights were a bit too bright for you. There were a few people in the common room, some you recognized from TV, others you had no idea who they were. The worst part was that they were all staring right at you.

"H-hi." One of the girls who'd been leaning over the couch immediately broke into a bright smile at your awkward greeting.

The pink-skinned girl lunged, trapping you in a tight hug.

"I'm Mina Ashido!" She let you go as she introduced herself.

The rest of the room went around and introduced themselves, there were nine people in total, four of them had already begun to tip off your gaydar; you'd learned their names as Shoto Todoroki (whom you recognized from TV) , Ejirou Kirishima, Izuku Midoriya, and Kyoka Jirou.

They offered to help you unpack but you polite refused. You weren't exactly comfortable with others going through your things, if they did then they can find....... Things.

The second the door of your new room closed you took in a deep breath of fresh air, clearing your mind from the stress of your least favorite thing. people.

The room was simple, white walls with a plain closet and a door leading into the bathroom, as well as one leading to the balcony.

You stared at the boxes lining the walls, silently preparing for the task ahead.