A Candle in the Dark

A/N: I'm assuming you know how the rescue goes and that I don't need to reinvent the wheel by writing it so just know we're time skipping to after the rescue.

TW: Hospitals, broken bones, nightmares

You woke up surrounded by cold air as you opened your eyes. The room was easy to recognize, white walls, a single large window, a few chairs, a desk, a few machines near the bed, and a small tv in the corner. You'd woken up in a hospital room.

You were still in severe pain, your right shoulder ached and was held in place by a sling as you left hand was concealed in a cast. After a few minutes a nurse walked in dressed in scrubs and smiled at you.

"Good morning, Y/N. Sleep well?" You simply nodded trying to remember what had happened.

You'd passed out shortly after you and the others reunited, and after that they must've taken you to the hospital. You remembered the way they all looked furious. Bakugou especially after seeing the state you were in. Dabi had been abusing you for three days before they rescued you. All you wanted now was to go home and snuggle with your friends until you weren't in pain anymore.

The nurse was quite kind, handling your injuries with care she informed you that your wrist was broken and that your shoulder was severely dislocated, you also had an ulcer from not being allowed to eat and suffered from severe dehydration and exhaustion.

A few days later you were discharged with the condition of not using your right arm too much and abstaining from sexual activity for at least a week, you had to drink at 20 FL oz. of water per day and rest as often as possible until you were completely healed up.

The next few days were a never ending string of " I'll get that for you." "I'll take care of it" "dont worry about it" "let me handle it" etc. From both Kaminari and Kirishima as Bakugou couldn't return to the dorms yet.

"Hey, Y/N, wanna go out with me and my friend, we're gonna grab something to eat for lunch at a cafe downtown." Denki was in your doorframe as you sat on your bed, watching an old sitcom from the 90s.

"Is sensei ok with it?" You took a sip of your water and looked at him.

"Uh-huh, as long as we're back by 8."

"Sure, why not." You closed your laptop and stood up.

"Do you want some help getting dressed?"

"No thank you, I'm not little." He'd been trying to get you into the little space since you got home, but you just weren't feeling it.

He sighed and grabbed you by the waist, pulling you into a soft kiss. His lips were always so soft and playful, you could get lost in the feeling forever. He pulled away, resting his forehead against yours as he stroked your soft hair. He moved softly to whisper in your ear,

"Pika pika." You burst into a fit of laughter and put your head on his shoulder.

"I'll be down in 20, dumbass."

He left your room, closing the door on the way. You opened your closet and pulled out a pair of black shorts and a plain white t shirt. Getting dressed was a bit of a struggle but you managed.

After brushing your hair and teeth you made your way down stairs to where kaminari and another guy were waiting. You recognized him from the sports festival, shinso, he was tall with purple hair and bags under his eyes.

"Hey, " kaminari lit up the room like always, "ready to go?" You nodded and grabbed his arm, holding onto it.

"I'm shinso by the way. " the man smiled and you smiled back.

"Y/N" he nodded and began walking.

The walk was short, only 5 minutes. You held onto kaminari the whole way too. The cafe was small and full of cats.

"Cat cafe?" You looked up to kaminari

"Yup, come here all the time with my dad." Shinso smiled as he talked.

You entered the small building and sat at a booth in the corner next to Kaminari. You rested your head on his shoulder, the tiredness of many sleepless nights possessing you.

Shinso got up and ordered for the group, himself a black coffe, kaminari a small soda, and some tea and a cookie for you.

"So, " shinso tried to start the conversation, " how's the hero course?"

"Could be better." You stated, nibbling on the edge of your cookie.

"Yeah, Aizawa sensei is super tough. Especially when we were at camp, he was brutal!" Kaminari took a sip of his soda.

"About the training camp, " shinso's eyes locked onto yours, "I heard about what happened, how are you holding up?" You felt a softness rubbing up on your arm, a small tuxedo cat begging for attention.

You pet the small animal as you spoke, "I'm fine I guess. I've been worse definitely, I'm just kinda tired, y'know? Everyone is trying to give me pity and it's annoying, shit happened doesn't mean I'm incapable of taking care of myself. I guess I've had a little trouble sleeping, too." You didn't tell him why you couldn't sleep. You chose not to sleep, you couldn't face your nightmares. It was all too much. Those cold, blue eyes pierced your soul and fed on it until there was nothing left. The cruel hands that only took and took and refused to give anything back. You couldn't go to sleep anymore without seeing them.

"I guess that's not too bad, I don't tend to sleep either." He looked at you fondly.

"Just because we're helping you doesn't mean we pity you," kaminari looked down at you, "we're doing it because you deserve to rest."

"Whatever." You ate the last bite of your cookie.