Keep Breathing Part 1

Description: Mia tries to navigate her life without the presence of her father.

A/N: Great, so I woke up and chose to be Shonda Rhimes today. I'm gonna do Character POVs and their thoughts. Mia is eighteen, Zola is thirteen, and Bailey is eleven.
—————————————————————————

Mia POV:

I've lost my best friend, my boyfriend, Aunt Lexie and Uncle Mark, and Aunt Cristina just left less than a year ago. Everyone just keeps leaving or dying. I thought that it couldn't get any worse, but it did. April 23rd, 2015 was the worst day of my life so far, and probably the worst day of my Mom's life, Zola's, Bailey's, Auntie Amelia's life, and anyone in our close family.

Author POV:

Mia was in the living room with her Auntie Amelia watching Pretty Little Liars when she felt weird.

Her gut told her that today was going to be screwed up somehow. It just felt weird, it didn't feel normal at all. Meredith had been trying to call Derek for the past 12 hours and he hasn't picked up his phone at all. Even if Mia tried texting him and calling him, it goes straight to voicemail. he missed his meeting in DC yesterday, which was very abnormal.

It was after nine or so on a Thursday night. Zola and Bailey had already gone to bed. It was just Mia and Amelia. They were watching binge-watching the series for a while and they were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Mia jumped up off the couch and ran to the front door as fast as she could to see who it was. It was her Aunt Maggie.

"Oh hi!" Mia sounded slightly disappointed and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I know it's late, I was just bored and I have nothing to do at home!" Maggie chuckled.

"Sure! Come watch some tv with us, I'm gonna get more popcorn!" Mia spoke.

Maggie handed Mia her jacket and she hung it up inside of the front closet for her.

She was in her pj's, which was convenient. "Oh I'm on this episode too, I like Aria, she's like so good and so bad at the same time!" She said with enthusiasm.

"Exactly!" Mia and Amelia said at the same time. They were just alike. they had each other's sass, sense of humour, same taste in music and fashion.

They could almost pass for sisters except that Mia looked exactly like Meredith. she was half Grey, half Shepherd. The women were watching television and again they were interrupted by the door opening and closing.

———————————

"Hi Mom, I missed you so much!" Mia kissed her on the cheek. "I missed you too baby! where's your brother and sister?" Meredith asked, she looked like she had been crying earlier, there was smudged mascara under her eyes.

"They're sleeping, wait! What's wrong? You've been crying." She said while looking at her mother, trying to figure out what was going on.