Bad Idea, Right?

Description: As Meredith and Derek plan the best prank for Mia, they soon realize that their daughter has been carrying a burden all on her own. This is after the COVID season.

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updates! I'm finally settling into college now and I have a bunch of work to do, but I'll try my best to update here and there. Please send in requests because that is what keeps me motivated to write! By the way, this is a better version of a very old chapter from when I first started Wattpad, so I hope you enjoy it! Here we go!
————————————————————————

 Please send in requests because that is what keeps me motivated to write! By the way, this is a better version of a very old chapter from when I first started Wattpad, so I hope you enjoy it! Here we go!————————————————————————

Author POV:

Halloween had always been a cherished holiday for the Shepherd-Grey family. This year, it was even more special because Meredith and Derek had a huge prank up their sleeves for their oldest daughter, Mia.

A couple of years back she had pranked them that she had crashed the car and they completely fell for it. She sought help from Alex and Jo to find a damaged replica of her mother's SUV at a junkyard. They were able to pull it off and it almost worked so well that Mia was grounded for two months. She had always been the prankster of the family, but with all of the struggles that the family had faced within the last few years, Mia had been in a bad headspace. She always put on a smile, but inside, she was losing her mind.

She'd seen both of her parents in hospital beds, multiple times and the thought of ever losing them scared her to death. She always tried to be strong for her family though. She had to be strong for her siblings and be a good role model for them. And she wouldn't let her parents worry about her, they already had enough on their plate.

As October 31st approached, most attending surgeons and residents had finished work early to come home and celebrate the holiday with their families and loved ones. Meredith and Derek had thrown a party at their home and invited almost everyone who could make it, including Mia's boyfriend, Greyson.

The household was filled with laughter and anticipation. Mia had chosen to be Catwoman, Zola had chosen to be a scientist, Bailey had picked an astronaut's outfit complete with a helmet and toy rocket, and Little Ellis was an adorable ghost, her giggles muffled by her white sheet.

Meredith and Derek shared loving glances as they watched their children prance around in their costumes. Halloween had always been a time for family, and they were grateful to have it all – each other and their kids.

"Alright, little scientists and astronauts," Derek said, putting on a goofy astronaut helmet. "Are we ready to launch into Halloween adventure?"

A chorus of excited "Yes!" and giggles filled the room. Derek and Meredith shared a smile and headed out, their little ghost dashing happily alongside them.

After they had collected loads of candies and chocolates, the party resumed and everyone was having a blast. What Mia didn't know was that the party was a cover for a very cruel prank that was about to go down.