Father Of Mine

Description: Derek doesn't receive a warm welcome home when he returns from DC.

A/N: Derek's death day is coming up soon so expect a lot of chapters with him and the family. I hope that he returns sometime soon again, even though it's unlikely with the current storyline. Anyways enjoy the angst, drama, and fluff as usual!
—————————————————————————

 Anyways enjoy the angst, drama, and fluff as usual!—————————————————————————

Mia POV:

Ever since Dad left, our house felt broken. It wasn't this happy household to come to anymore, it was just a place where we would live. It was like it had no meaning anymore. He had left since November and now it's April. He talks to Mom sometimes over the phone and Zola and Bailey, but I can't face him. He always said that he would never leave. We were his life, we were his everything.

But, no, he chose work over his family, over us.

I've been hanging out with my friends more than being home and it's taken my mind off of the situation a bit, which I'm thankful for. Mom let me go out on a date tonight and it was pretty good. My boyfriend Liam drops me home and walks me inside my house. We've only been dating for a few months.

"Tonight was fun." He smiles

"It was. Thanks for the ride." I grin

"No problem, babe. Make sure you give your Mom the flowers, they're her favourite." He says

"I will, she'll love them." I play with his hair.

"See you tomorrow? I can pick you up?" He asks

"If you want, you don't have to." I say

"I'm picking you up, end of discussion. Love you." He kisses me on the lips, briefly.

"Okay, bye. I love you too." I blush

I lock the door and see him drive away. I take off my heels and make my way into the living room.

"Mom? I'm home!" I say

I see her walk downstairs with a smile, but she's not alone. She's followed by a tall man with dark hair, dressed in formal wear.

It's my Dad. It's freaking Derek Christopher Shepherd!

"Aww, did Liam get me a lavender bouquet again? He's so sweet!" She smiles and takes the flowers out of my hands.

My dad stares at me and I don't mutter a word to him. My mom recognizes the silence in the room and decides to address his presence.