After Hours

Description: Based on Season Twelve, Episode Nine. This is gonna be dark.

A/N: Yea, I don't even know what to say. This was a really long chapter, I'm sorry but I wanted to make sure that I got a lot of the details in there that were featured in the episode. I hope you all enjoyed and I love you all so much. have a good night.
—————————————————————————

Mia slept over at the dream house because she was celebrating with her family as her work was published for recharging hearts

She had a huge argument with her mother before leaving for work.

"You're not going all the way to Switzerland to work with Cristina. You're not going, end of discussion!" Meredith yelled.

"Can't you be happy for me? I'm working hard as you told me to! My work is being published in the American Journal of Medicine, Mom! Aunt Cristina is one of the best cardiothoracic surgeons in the world. Why can't I have any freedom, I'm twenty-nine years old!" Mia exclaimed.

"No, you're not leaving. You're way in over your head, you're not even an attending yet! You're not going anywhere without my permission!" Meredith said with a dead-serious face.

Derek was just in the middle of this heated fight

"Watch me!" Mia stormed out and slammed the front door.

"You better not..." Meredith's voice trailed off as Mia left.

The truth was that Meredith was so proud of Mia, she couldn't be any happier. But people at Cristina's hospital wanted her to come there and give a lecture. They'd even offered her a spot as an attending and she was a fourth-year. Meredith was upset that she was leaving, all of the kids had already left to work at farther hospitals and universities and she was the only one that stayed behind with her parents. She was heartbroken.

"Meredith, are you okay?" Derek said a few minutes after Mia had left and rubbed Meredith's back.

"I'm fine, let's hurry and go!" Meredith got ready.