Sweet Caroline

description: the whole family from the hospital, including the in-laws go on a trip to derek's huge cottage together, the kids try to have their own fun, which may not be so safe.

a/n: hey guys, i'm back again! thanks for the request i love writing chapters when everyone is alive, it makes me feel better and forget that shonda and krista killed my comfort people. love you all <3

all of the kids were in their teenage years, mia was 17 and the rest of them were a year or two apart. she wasn't the outdoorsy type of girl. derek was hoping that she would inherit that from him, but it only got passed onto the other kids. mia was more of a cool bookworm. she loved reading and writing and had incredible taste in music and fashion.

she was really disappointed when she had to cancel her concert plans to go and spend time with her family instead, she was going to get to see harry styles live, when does that ever happen? he's mostly in los angeles, california, or areas that celebrities hang out, not seattle...washington!

mia tried reasoning and negotiating with her parents, but there was no use. they dragged her along. meredith even packed her suitcase because she wouldn't do it herself. she was miserable so she packed her mp3, headphones, and some sketchbooks to keep her company. none of the kids were allowed to bring their electronics, but they made an exception for her.

the grey-shepherd kids had been bickering nonstop during the drive because they were squished in the back with all of the luggage, so during their stop, mia hopped in amelia's car and it was just them two.

"wow there's much more space here, and it's peaceful!" mia says sarcastically.

"a**face!" bailey shouts

"look in the mirror, shrimp boy!" mia shouts back.

(bailey stuck up the middle finger)

"both of you get your heads in the car now, before i leave you stranded here!" derek says coming out of the convenience store by the gas station.

"he started it! how is it my fault..." mia argued

"mia, i don't want to hear it, reel up the window and leave bailey alone." derek shook his head.

"ughh!" mia groaned and slammed the door.

"sorry." she apologized to amelia for slamming her door.

"it's ok babe. he can be one hell of an a**face too!" amelia laughed and it cheered mia up.

"and we have to be stuck with them for a whole weekend! well that's gonna be fun!" mia sighs

"don't worry, i'll keep you company, you know you're like my little sister? you're cool like me!" amelia chuckles

"thanks auntie amy." mia says

(4 hours later)

"let's go kiddo! we have arrived at your father's man cave!" amelia shouts and everyone gets out of their cars.

"wow, shepherd this is sweet!" jackson says

"yeah our dad built it and took us here every summer before he died, it's worth a fortune." amelia says

"derek, it's beautiful, i love it!" meredith kissed him passionately and the kids gag.

"you couldn't go a couple hours without making out?" mia says annoyed.

"enough with the grumpiness missy, we're all going to spend this time we have together...as a family!" derek crossed his arms.

"der, we should go fishing! there should be plenty of trout and salmon here!" mark says confidently.