Piece By Piece

Description: Mia starts acting out and resenting her mom because of her absence at home and Meredith is in Minnesota.

A/N: Since Season 18 started, I've never found the answer to these questions. Do the kids like Meredith being in Minnesota? Are they gonna hate her for being absent in their lives? Will they meet Nick? I honestly want Zola to just diss him or something because we literally just got Derek on the beach towards the end of the last season. And now they bring in another love interest. I was hoping for her to end up with Hayes, but he's gone. ABC when are y'all gonna let Mer be single? Let me know!
————————————————————————

 ABC when are y'all gonna let Mer be single? Let me know!————————————————————————

Mia POV:

You know, ever since my dad died I've always felt a little broken inside. He was my rock, my best friend, and the first man that I loved. He was everything to me, even more to my mom and Amelia. Our family has been through a lot of tragedies.

Mom almost dying when she was pregnant with Ellis, Mom getting attacked, Uncle Alex almost going to prison, Mom and Nathan and then the fight with Aunt Maggie, Nathan's fiancé resurrecting from the dead, Aunt Amelia's brain tumour, Alex leaving, there's a whole bunch of stuff that our family has witnessed firsthand.

The last bad thing that happened was when my mother almost died from COVID. She was on a vent for weeks and then she finally pulled through. I was grateful that she made it because I don't know what I would do without both of my parents. My dad already died and I wasn't ready I lose her either. Not to mention the fact that Andrew died and lost his life. He was a pretty decent guy and Mom seemed happy with him. I just want it to be us though. We don't need another guy to step in and try to father us. Nobody can ever replace Dad and I won't let it happen.

After she survived COVID, she had promised that we would all spend more time together again, just like old times.

Unfortunately, that has not been the case with my mother.

When your name is Meredith Grey, people pay attention. My mom is an amazing surgeon, and she's very innovative and quick-witted. She won a Catherine Fox Award, so I'm pretty sure she's well-educated of cutting into people by now.

Earlier this year, she went to Minnesota to check out this lab that was built for her and she's working on some top-secret project that only Aunt Amelia knows about and she's been stuck there ever since. We see her maybe once every few months if she's not busy, which is sad, but it's her job so I'll just have to deal with it. I always have to just "deal with it". I'm the big sister that has to step-up and take care of everyone because the adults are surgeons. I shouldn't complain, I'm just a brat who wants more time with her family?

Anyways, my mother's absence in my life recently has made me more cold, and fierce. And not in a good way. I feel like there's no joy in my life anymore. There's no happiness without her being present. I've been learning how to raise myself, Zola, Bailey, Ellis, and even Scout when Aunt Amelia is gone. They've brought me a little comfort and have kept me occupied.