September

Description: Mia goes under a lot of stress while studying for her upcoming exams. Her family doesn't notice until it's too late.

A/N: School has been so stressful and annoying lately, so that is what inspired me to write this chapter. Please keep on sending the requests. Enjoy!
—————————————————————————

 Enjoy!—————————————————————————

Author POV:

"Mia? Mia? Mia!" Derek sat across from his sixteen-year-old daughter at breakfast, she was falling asleep in the middle of her science textbook.

"Huh?" She jolted up with a yawn in response.

"Mia? If you're gonna read, you have to stay awake." Derek asserted

"Sorry, you're right." She said

"Morning, Mia. How's the studying going?" Meredith took a sip of her coffee.

"Good. I just have to make some notes." She replied

"Good. Make sure you study enough. Our daughter is gonna pass with flying colours, isn't she Derek?" Meredith asked

"Without a doubt." He said with a smile.

Mia was the overachiever. She was a perfectionist. She never had one screw-up, always had a perfect attendance record, didn't get into fights, was always home on time, she was the perfect kid. However, being the perfect daughter is not all it's cracked up to be. Keeping up that facade illustrated to be more difficult than Mia had originally thought. She always pushed herself to exceed their expectations. She didn't just want to make them happy, she wanted to leave them satisfied and then some.

They idolized her and believed she could do no wrong. In fact, she knew that she did no wrong. She was happy to do whatever they asked: set the table, be home on time, practice piano, not hang out with friends they felt were not a good influence. Mia felt her parents knew what was best for her and she complied.

Although, other people had thought that she had no control over her life at all. She was ruled by Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd her whole life. If she'd ever disappoint them, she'd hate herself forever. She thought that they wouldn't love her anymore. They would love Zola because she was also a child prodigy and she was a tad jealous of her younger sister. But to be fair, she was always paid less attention to compared to her time-consuming younger siblings.

Fast forward one week later, it's now the week of her exams of 11th Grade. She was up, day and night. Reading, memorizing, writing...the list went on. She had pulled many all-nighter's studying her butt off.