Without You

Description: Mia experiences a terrible situation being asleep, which leaves her traumatized.

A/N: I hope you all are staying safe and taking care of yourselves. if Meredith dies tonight, I have no what I'm gonna do. Anyways, love you all and have a great day!

—————————————————————————

Author POV:

Mia is twenty-one and in med school, Zola is nineteen also in med school, Bailey is seventeen and still in high school, and lastly, Ellis is fourteen and a freshman.

Meredith is on the phone with Mia.

"Yea, so Zola and I will be there soon, we just have our last class in a few minutes. Where's Dad?" Mia was curious.

"He got paged early this morning, but I'm heading to the hospital now. Do you want me to make anything tonight?" Meredith asked.

"No, we'll probably get takeout or pizza, don't worry. Drive safe Mom, I love you!" She said.

"I love you too baby, tell Zola!" Meredith hung up the phone.

Meredith's phone was ringing again. It was Derek calling.

"Hey babe, are you almost here? I didn't want to leave you alone this morning, but you looked so adorable in your sleep!" Derek said.

"No, honey, it's okay. I'll be there soon, just driving down that road where the reception is screwed up!" She chuckled.

"I'm sorry love, what did you say?" He asked and wanted her to repeat herself so he could hear her more clearly.

The phone fell in between the seat and Meredith tried to grab it.

"Crap!" She shouted.

"Meredith? Meredith? Can you hear me?" He shouted over the phone.

"Derek, I'm here. Can you..." Meredith was talking to him while trying to find the phone and her car was hit by a semi-truck.

Her Lexus SUV was completely totalled. She had a huge slit across her forehead and her head was bleeding pretty badly.

———————————

"Hey, you're done for today right?" Mia asked Zola as she was passing by her in the hallway.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get my stuff and then we can finally go home!" Zola replied.

"I miss them. I know we used to say that they were annoying, but I miss Mom and Dad." She pouted.

"Yeah me too," They started to get a little bit emotional.

"Okay, come let's go. We should pick up some pasta from the place around the corner. Hopefully, they haven't had lunch yet!" Mia said.

They started to drive home from med school. It was Easter long weekend and they were going to spend it with their family.